|Sent on:||Saturday, January 21, 2012 1:24 PM|
Hello VanUE Members,
The UBC Public Affairs Office is looking for an experienced Web Interaction Designer for a full-time, 4-5 month term position.
The Web Interaction Designer will lead a design “refresh” of the UBC CLF (Common Look and Feel) Web Templates and the design of a mobile web framework. The position will focus on the front end design layer, but will work collaboratively with other team members with programming the underlying HTML and CSS code.
· Redesign (refresh, not a wholesale change) of the UBC CLF based on feedback collected since the launch of the UBC Brand in 2009.
· Design a mobile web framework that will be integrated in the UBC CLF.
· Evaluate the existing UBC CLF and update the design to improve usability and to keep up with current trends.
· Conduct interviews, user surveys, and workshops to gather feedback on usability of current UBC CLF design and creates design solutions.
· Create various designs through development of user and data flows, wireframes, mock-ups, interactive prototypes, and specifications.
· Create wireframes and prototypes based on information gathered.
· Design system solutions for unit and campus identification in the UBC CLF and mobile web framework.
· Design effective menu navigation systems in the UBC CLF and mobile web framework.
· Design standard widgets (buttons, links, icons, etc.) that will be distributed as part of the UBC CLF and mobile web framework templates.
· Contribute to the development of documentation and guidelines for the use of the new CLF and mobile templates
· Additional duties as assigned.
· A minimum of 4-5 years occupational experience working as a web usability or interaction designer with a demonstrated portfolio of presentation layer work.
· Excellent graphic design skills in print and web.
· Demonstrated Graphical User Interface (GUI) design / user experience (UX) / usability design skills.
· Understanding of good design principles and ability to adhere to complex design specifications during implementation.
· Strong conceptual thinking skills to translate abstract ideas into a well-defined form.
· Demonstrated ability to accurately estimate and scope development work.
· Knowledge of HTML/XHTML and CSS.
· Knowledge of best web practices, particularly with W3C Standards.
· Experience with designing mobile websites would be an asset.
· Experience with WordPress and Drupal would be an asset.
· Knowledge of HTML 5 and CSS 3 would be an asset.
· Knowledge of web accessibility standards would be an asset.
· Experience with designing large corporate websites definitely an asset.
· Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, with an ability to impart technical information to audiences with mixed levels of ability.
· Ability to think and plan strategically.
· Demonstrated organizational skills in project and time management, with an ability to work under pressure to meet multiple deadlines.
· Creative, technical and analytical skills.
· Strong consultative and problem solving skills.
· Meticulous work habits and a keen attention to detail.
· Ability to work as a team member and to take direction / advice.
· Ability to effectively handle multiple projects simultaneously and to meet deadlines.
· Strong marketing and creative skills for generating new opportunities and ideas.
· Knowledge of the university and its policies, goals, mission, and issues would be a definite asset.
For complete details and application instructions, visit: http://webcommunications.ubc.ca/2012/01/16/web-interaction-designer/
Manager, Web Communications | Public Affairs Office
The University of British Columbia | Vancouver Campus
Phone[masked] | Cell[masked] | Fax[masked]
6323 Cecil Green Park Rd. | Vancouver, BC Canada V6T 1Z1
This email message originally included an attachment.