addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1light-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Veg in Astoria Message Board › IN Astoria: Great Vegetarian Food

IN Astoria: Great Vegetarian Food

Howard
howu
Group Organizer
Astoria, NY
Post #: 844
Hi VegAstorians!

I haven't seen any vegetarian only establishments in Astoria yet (fingers crossed), but there is still great vegetarian and vegan food to be found here. If you have any great vegetarian experiences in Astoria, please share them in this discussion thread.

Thanks!

Howard
Organizer of the No Meat Meet & Greet
Genevieve
user 3270159
Bronx, NY
Post #: 13
Some suggestions:

Other than Seva (which is one of my favorites)...

Thai restaurants are pretty veg-friendly. Bangkok Tasty and Wave Thai, specifically, which have a variety of mock chicken and mock duck dishes in addition to tofu/vegetable dishes.

Mundo is good- Turkish-inspired fusion. Lots of veg options and veg dishes are clearly marked on the menu.

Stamatis has more vegetable dishes and stews than the other Greek restaurants. Zenon has a lot of veggie mezze (but for some reason the "vegetarian" mezze combination includes seafood).

Fatima's Halal Kitchen- looks like a typical neighborhood Chinese place but there is a mock meat section on the menu. The mock meats are delish and taste like Zen Palate's.

Ovelia- Italian restaurant with a vegetarian menu.

Cafe Bar- good veg options, esp. the sandwiches.

Kebab Cafe- North African place; about half the menu items were veg when I went there last. Real good.

Mango's- middle-eastern/juice bar. Good veg options.

Junko- Japanese place with more vegetarian sushi options than the rest around here. The Vegetarian Dragon sushi is great.

Some of the health food stores have cafe/dining areas (Sai Organics has seating and Fresh Start has an outdoor garden).

I'll probably think of more. I've lived here awhile...