The VSDC Life-Affirming Thanksgiving Celebration is an annual event that brings together vegans, vegetarians, and non-vegetarians to enjoy life-affirming, all-vegan food, and a wonderful social setting. Once again, the gourmet buffet will be held at the Bethesda Hyatt Regency Hotel, located at 7400 Wisconsin Ave, Bethesda, MD 20814 (Bethesda Metro station).
Sign-in and appetizers will begin at noon and the buffet will start just after 1:00pm (you must arrive by 1:00pm)! VSDC is excited to have Dr. Jonathan Balcombe as our guest speaker this year. Stephen Svoboda will provide live background music.
We are very excited about this year's all-vegan menu; our goal was to make the meal more hearty and satisfying. We have incorporated exciting recipes from vegan culinary experts & educators in the local DC area.
- Lovely Lentil Soup*
Salads / Appetizers
- Vegetable Crudités (Raw Vegetables) with Dip Assortment**
- Garden Salad with Apples and Raspberry Vinaigrette
- Freshly Baked Sourdough, Crusted Olive Bread, and Pumpkin Rolls with Olive Oil for Dipping
- Vegan Stuffing and Gravy with Cranberry Sauce
- Hearty BBQ Tofu***
- Wild Mushroom Ravioli with Tomato and Fennel Broth
- Fragrant Sweet Potato with Orange*
- Spicy Collard Greens*
- Country Harvest Rice Pilaf Cooked in Homemade Vegetable Stock
- Vegan Pumpkin Pie
- Mango Parfait****
- Lemonade, Iced Tea, Freshly Brewed Coffee, and Teas
* Recipes as found in “By Any Greens Necessary” by Tracye McQuirter (http://byanygreensnecessary.com/).
** Cheddar Style Spread and Mexi-Cheddar Style Dip provided by Wayfare Foods (http://www.wayfarefoods.com/).
*** Based on recipe from Levita D. Mondie-Sapp in The Washington Post (http://projects.washingtonpost.com/recipes/2007/10/10/vitas-barbecue-tofu/).
**** Recipe provided by Zizania (http://www.zizania.biz/index.html).
Reservations are essential; there will be absolutely no walk-in registrations.
Prices ― The price, including tax and gratuity, is $54 for VSDC members and $57 for non-members. Children aged 3 -12 are $36, and those under age 3 are free. Highchairs are available upon request.
Only on-line reservation are possible now and they MUST be completed by Sunday, November 21.
Registration information is available on the VSDC website (http://www.vsdc.org).
For more information, please visit the VSDC website (http://www.vsdc.org).
We are in need of volunteers to help with registration and ushering people to their tables. Please e-mail [masked] if you are interested.
Bring your family and friends, and give thanks on this day in a very special way!