Let's celebrate the holidays by baking and swapping cookies! (And eating them, of course!)
A gentle reminder: Although we all love vegan cookies, please keep in mind that this event is for families with children.
The vegan holiday cookie swap is like a potluck for cookies. Here's how it works:
1. Decide on your favorite home-baked holiday cookie. Let us know in the comments what type of cookies you'll be bringing. And please identify any food allergens (peanuts, etc.) contained in your recipe.
2. Make at least 3 dozen cookies. ALL COOKIES MUST BE VEGAN.
3. Bring your cookies and your recipe to the event.
4. Swap your favorite cookies for other delicious holiday treats--and sample your takings.
5. Bring home an awesome spread of treats and great recipes.
This event will be in a private home. There is street parking. It is about a mile from the Grosvenor metro station, and the closest bus line is the J2. We will send the address to families a couple of days before the event.
All VSDC Children's Playgroup events are for families with children and expectant parents only. We meet once a month, and try to vary the time and location to accommodate as many families as possible.
When you RSVP, please include your child(ren) as +1, +2, etc. People who have RSVPed for 1 may be removed from this event if we don't know you have kids.
If you aren't a VSDC member, please consider joining here: http://www.vsdc.org/membership/
Also, be sure to like VSDC on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/vegsocietydc/
If you can no longer attend, please let us know by changing your RSVP so another family can attend.