addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1light-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Vegan Long Island Message Board › good reading, useful links

good reading, useful links

Jennifer G.
user 6937947
Group Organizer
Bellport, NY
Post #: 16
I found this page today, written by one of the amazing Adopt-a-College leafleting activists.

Whenever I have just a brief amount of time to speak with an inquisitive person these days, I listen to her, and acknowledge her points, but do try to bring the conversation back around to the main point that eating animals causes unnecessary suffering.

(It's an easy trap to get bogged down by questions that change the subject away from our food choices, and the fact that 99.9% of animal suffering is due to food choices, and that eating animals is causing unnecessary suffering.)

But Eugene's Q&A list, which delves into some deep ethical exploration, is interesting to read. And might be a link to give that blocked-vegetarian* friend of yours, next time he's giving you a hard time...

*"blocked vegetarian" is a concept from Carol Adams' excellent Living Among Meat Eaters.
Carl
cpvegan
Carle Place, NY
Post #: 5
Thank you so much for bringing these items regarding ethics to our attention.
I thought Khutoryansky's line, "...truth is not democratic." to be profound.