addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcredit-cardcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobe--smallglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1launch-new-window--smalllight-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Vegan Baking and Cooking Message Board › Foodgazi Cooking Classes!

Foodgazi Cooking Classes!

Marni H.
marniphocles
Cleveland, OH
Post #: 150
Foodgazi is ridiculously happy to announce that cooking classes begin June 3. If we tried to articulate our glee, it would likely begin with a shriek followed by an indiscernible string of jumbled words.

We are so proud to present themed small-group, hands-on classes of funtasticness that are made of exclusively plant-based yummies! We also source food locally and organic when possible as well as ditch most processed foods. Yup, even sour cream -- we'll learn to make our own in class!
The 2010 lineup includes:

* Age-Fighting Foods (June 3)
* Kids in the Kitchen (June 17)
* Hangover Eats (July 1)
* Raw-k & Roll (July 15)
* Gluten Freedom (August 5)
* Healthy School Lunches (August 19)
* Intro to Plant-Based Eating (September 2, 9, 16, 23)

For more details, go see the Cooking Instruction page on Foodgazi at http://foodgazi.blogs...­ and we'll be seeing you in class!

Foodgazi also offers other health- and food-related services, including health coaching, farm-fresh dinners, pesticide-free produce, and energy healing.

Please be in touch if you have any questions.

Warmly,
Melody Caraballo
--
Supporting Healthy Habits for Mind & Body
http://www.foodgazi.c...­
http://www.facebook.c...­
216-539-4645
Marni H.
marniphocles
Cleveland, OH
Post #: 151
June 3 Age-Fighting Foods
True, foods are generally pacifist. But some foods lead the charge when wrinkles, free radicals, and heart-clogging invaders threaten our bodies. Menu includes jicama and blackberry salad, lentil almond cutlets with tomato curry, wheatberry salad, and lemon-blueberry scones. Register

June 17 Kids in the Kitchen
Engage your little ones in some food-squooshing fun while we sneak in healthy veggies, fiber, and naturally sweet snacks. This special class is $100 per guardian/child pair. One guardian per child. Ages five and older please. Menu includes broccoli mac n' cheezy, chickpea cutlet shapes, and melon boats. Register

July 1 Hangover Eats
No, no, no. Hair of the dog is not the best hangover cure! Bounce back from a toxic (but fun!) weekend with these rehydrating, blood-balancing recipes. Menu includes a tart tea with simple energy bars, tasty tofu rancheros, and a swear-it-was-decadent antioxidant smoothie. Register

July 15 Raw-k & Roll
Iggy Pop isn't the only one with raw power! Uncook your way to a perfect summer diet after taking this class. Menu includes kale and dandelion salad, zucchini spirals with basil pesto and red pepper coulis, and let's not forget the pretty-in-pink parfait. Register

August 5 Gluten Freedom
Who needs gluten gumming up the works? There are many a delish dish for the gluten-free among us. Menu includes avocado gazpacho, lime tempeh with cashew sour cream, quinoa with black beans, and cinnamon banana ice cream. Register

August 19 Healthy School Lunches
No joke. I know a woman who has a vegetarian 8-year-old son whose lunchbox gets raided by all the kids around him because they are jealous of his lunch. Kids know what's up. Menu TBD. Register

September 2, 9, 16 & 23 Intro to Plant-Based Eating
Learn about the fab four food groups, hone your knife skills, get tips for being vegan in Cleveland, cut down on processed soy products, and so much more in our four-week series for the herbivore in all of us. This unique series is $250 and must have eight students to go off without a hitch. It makes a great gift for someone whose diet must change for health reasons or if you've always wanted to be vegitarian but weren't sure how to maintain the lifestyle. We are really looking forward to this and can't wait to meet our future students! Register

*Menus, not themes, are subject to change.

Pricing and Policies
In our small group classes everyone gets the attention they deserve. Unfortunately, that also means space is limited. Registration is required to reserve your spot (we maintain a waiting list as well).

Each class is $65 unless otherwise noted and is payable by PayPal upon acceptance of registration. Save $30 by buying three classes for only $165.

Classes are non-transferable.

A $25 fee applies to all cancellations with less than 72 hours notice.

Go to Cooking Instruction FAQs or email us for more information regarding policies.

Where the heck are these classes held, you ask?
All Saints, 8911 Ridgewood Dr., Parma
Marni H.
marniphocles
Cleveland, OH
Post #: 152
Full Policy List:

HOW DO I REGISTER FOR A CLASS?
Registration is required for all events. Registration requires an email or phone call (information below) and prepayment via PayPal (the invoice for which you receive after registration acceptance). Acceptance is simply a matter of whether the class is full yet or not.

Email or call 216-539-4645 to register and please specify the following:

* Full name & phone number
* Email address for PayPal invoice
* FOOD ALLERGIES
* Name and date of class or classes

CAN I BRING WINE OR BEER?
Foodgazi does not supply alcohol in any way. With proper ID, you are welcome to bring your own wine, please no liquor; there is a $3 corkage fee. Alcohol cannot be consumed until instruction is over and we sit down to eat.

WHAT SKILL LEVEL ARE YOUR CLASSES? IS THERE AN AGE REQUIREMENT?
All classes are designed for beginner to intermediate cooks unless otherwise noted. All students must be 18 or older, unless accompanied by a parent with paid registration.

WHAT IS YOUR CHECK-IN POLICY?
Doors open at the exact start time of class. We want to honor those who arrive on time by starting as close to on-time as possible. Doors will close 15 minutes into the start of class and it is up to the instructor's discretion to allow latecomers into class. Refunds/transfers are not offered.

DO YOU ALLOW WALK-INS?
If space is available on the night of the class, walk-ins may be admitted on a first-come, first-served basis 15 minutes into the class and only by the discretion of the instructor.

WHAT DOES A "HANDS-ON" CLASS ENTAIL?
Hands-on classes last approximately two hours and are limited to 8 students unless noted otherwise. Class is a combination of chef-demonstration and hands-on cooking in teams of 4. All dishes created are served at the END of class, however we strongly advise students to eat beforehand to avoid getting hungry.

DO I NEED TO WEAR/BRING ANYTHING SPECIAL TO CLASS?
Other than your pretty little self, we require students to wear flat, closed-toe shoes. Loose, comfortable clothing is recommended. And bring a pen to take notes! We provide aprons, knives, and equipment.

WHAT IF I HAVE A FOOD ALLERGY OR RESTRICTION?
Notify Foodgazi when you register so that we can take this into account. While we will make every attempt to include you in the class, we may suggest an alternate class to accommodate your specific needs.

WOULD YOU MIND IF I SUED YOU?
Yes, yes, we very much would. You must be present for class, clear, and aware of your surroundings at all times. We require that all students sign this waiver before participating. You may print and sign this prior to class if you wish.

WHAT HAPPENS TO THE LEFTOVER FOOD AT THE END OF CLASS?
Health and safety policy does not allow Foodgazi to package extra food for participants to take home at the end of class. We encourage everyone to eat their fill during class!

WHAT IS YOUR REFUND POLICY?
A partial refund can be issued if requested AT LEAST 72 HOURS prior to class. A $25 food fee will be retained by Foodgazi. We hope that you understand we are a very small business who've bought food based on your registration. Under no circumstances will a refund be issued without 72 hours notice; no exceptions. However, we will accept a name transfer if you would like to fill your slot for the class with a friend, family member or colleague.

To request a refund, please contact us right away.

DO YOU EVER CANCEL CLASSES?
Although we make every effort to avoid changes to our class schedule, Foodgazi reserves the right to cancel any class due to low registration, substitute instructors, and alter recipes due to product availability and seasonality. If a class is completely cancelled without a reschedule, registered students will be issued a full refund.

WHAT HAPPENS IF I AM ON THE WAITLIST?
Waitlisted parties will be notified of a slot opening as they open up. If you do not hear from us prior to class, it most likely means a slot has not opened (or has opened and been filled by someone above you on the list). Feel free to follow up with us directly to check on your waitlist status.

DO YOU OFFER PRIVATE CLASSES, KID'S BIRTHDAY PARTIES, TEAM BUILDING, ETC?
Yes, but private events are more expensive than our public calendar and must be booked well in advance. Please contact us for details or call 216-539-4645.
A former member
Post #: 1
The email address is register@foodgazi.com and the phone number is 216-539-4645. Thanks!
Marni H.
marniphocles
Cleveland, OH
Post #: 189
I'd also like to point out that, for a fee, Foodgazi's chefs will come to a location of our choice and if we have 3 or more members in a class they will do the class just for us! I'd like to get ideas on what you guys really would like to have a class on. Do you want to know how to bake vegan in general? Would you like to make certain vegan items? Do you want to know how to cook with a specific ingredient? Please let me know on this thread.
A former member
Post #: 6
I would love to see a stir fry demo or make vegan pierogies or learn how to make the perfect vegan pie crust....I just want it all, don't I?...lol...I love the idea! :o)