addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1light-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo
bert
user 10542297
Denver, CO
Post #: 30
Does anyone out there have some great vegan recipes or ideas for topping popcorn? I found some on the web, but I think our vegan group is a better source.
Ann V S.
vegann
Morrison, CO
Post #: 687
Hi Roberta, I have one someplace, but can't remember where. Basically, I put the following in a blender, blend just to a powder, put into a shaker, air pop my corn, lightly spray with spectrum spray oil, shake the powder over it, shake, repeat with oil and powder two more times, depending on how much corn I popped.

2 cups nutritional yeast flakes
2 Tbsp. salt (or to taste)
1 Tbsp garlic powder
1 Tbsp onion powder
2 tsp chili powder (the heat you like best, I use half mild, half medium)
1 to 2 tsp ground black pepper

You can also use/add other seasonings you like, and dried herbs, like parsley.

If I come across the recipe I wrote down, I'll share it.
bert
user 10542297
Denver, CO
Post #: 31
Thank you Ann--that sounds really good, I will try it!