Our mission is to promote veganism as an expansive moral philosophy based on compassion, nonviolence, and justice for all living beings.
Our primary goals are to:
1. Help make veganism highly visible in public spaces through the use of chalk art on sidewalks, highway signs, posters, flyers and any other cost-effective means of broadcasting the vegan message to the world.
2. Help the public better understand veganism as an expansive moral philosophy and social justice movement opposed to all forms of oppression and environmental injustice.
3. Help educate vegans and non-vegans about the intersections of oppression, fostering a vision for the collective liberation of humans, other animals and the earth.
4. Empower new vegans to be strong in their decision to embrace nonviolence as their core guiding principle through life. By building loving communities, we aim to provide the necessary support to make the transition to veganism as easy as possible.
5. Empower vegans to become effective activists in their everyday lives where the little things we do add up to making a huge difference for animals, people and the planet.
Our activities include potlucks, sanctuary work days, leafletting, chalking sidewalks, fundraisers, tabling events, hosting speakers, movie screenings and providing food assistance for those in need.
We collaborate with amazing organizations like Piedmont Farm Animal Refuge and Triangle VegFest to help build and strengthen our local community. Together, we will pave the way toward a massive, grassroots liberation movement here in NC where, one day, all animals (both human and non-human) will be treated with the dignity and respect they deserve.
In everything we do, we seek to be peaceful, loving and non-judgmental, realizing that everyone is at a different point in their life's journey.