What we're about
Deciding to become vegetarian/vegan can be a major transformation in your life. We want to be a community supporting and promoting the lifestyle by:
1. Reviewing books and materials on healthy vegetarian/vegan food choices and transitioning
2. Preparing meat subsitutes and other alternatives to meat for affordable meal planning
3. Offering seminars on vegan/vegetarian food preparation, substitutes, and daily living
4. Providing community education and benefits of this healthier lifestyle for obese children and youth
5. Hosting cooking demos and tastings promoting alternatives and education for families on a budget
6. Promoting a network of restaurants and vendors catering to vegan/vegetarians or offer group nights
7. Organizing community challenges to build support teams and share outcomes for those transitioning
8. Creating group resources to share ideas on weight loss, new developments, or other lifestyle benefits
9. Sharing personal experiences and challenges to foster motivation and accountability.
If you haven't made the vegetarian/vegan transformation but want explore the possibilities, this group is your home. We all had to cross the starting line to begin. Join our network and start your new healthy life right now because today is the right time.