addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcredit-cardcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobe--smallglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1launch-new-window--smalllight-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Vegetarians of Central Florida Message Board › Thanksgiving

Thanksgiving

A former member
Post #: 1
I am new to Orlando from the southern region of the People’s Republic of California and I was wandering if there is a vegan thanksgiving planned here? My family will be out of town and I would like an opportunity to meet new people and have a great animal friendly dinner. Back home, there were groups like food not bombs, black bloc, greens, and animal friendly groups that would gather and have a great pot luck dinner in a park or some other public place. Is this something that people do here? If not, is this something that people would consider?smile
A former member
Post #: 27
A former member
Post #: 1
Why, welcome to central Florida! you'll notice there isn't much going on here... sometimes I wonder if something does happen here, you know, besides the usual day in and day out stuff...
What brought you all the way out here from California?
laughing
A former member
Post #: 29
Not much going on?! Did you make it out to Veg Fest? (Oh wait... you mean the message board, huh?)
A former member
Post #: 2
Unfortunately, I work in the car business, so I always work on Saturdays and I only have the actual Thanksgiving Day off (24th). I have found that some people want to still go to the traditional meals to be with their family and friends, while in others want to stay away from the turkey all together. Personally, I find it pointless to go to the traditional meals (even when I am around family and friends) because it seems to revolve around feasting on animals and animal products. I therefore try to find alternatives. If anyone hears of something, please drop a note. Thanks....
A former member
Post #: 2
Florida is definitely NOT the West Coast by any stretch of the imagination. I'm originally from Texas and lived in San Francisco for 6 years and made a very bad mistake to return to the South. There's probably more going on in Southern Florida. Northern Florida is very conservative by most standards. Also because the cost of living here is way out of line with wages most people spend all of their time just trying to survive here.
One day I plan to return to the West Coast.