The Venice Writers Block will convene at our original location (Joe & Cheryl's Place). So grab your writing utensil of choice, whatever you need for comfort and your commitment to 2-hours of solid writing.
* Snacks to share are very welcome, especially fruits and veggies!
Order of biz:
• 10-15 min Introductions and socializing
• a few min reserved for whining about how hard writing is
• 2 hours ACTUAL WRITING (work on your own project or from the prompt provided)
• one hour read-back. Anyone who wants to gets five minutes to read from what they wrote. Please share what you wrote DURING our session, not a finished or polished piece. This is NOT a critique session. It is merely a chance to read your work out loud, which is good for you and good for the group. Reading is voluntary, so don't get stressed. But try it sometime. It will make your writing better.
NOTE: Occasionally and when it is the will of the group, we hold official Read & Critique sessions or Readings & Wine evenings. These events will be announced in a separate meetup message.