What we're about
Venio Dictum Toastmasters club's goal is to provide you with practical, hands on experience delivering presentations and developing your public speaking skills. We conduct weekly meetings in a very friendly, relaxing atmosphere. Some of the benefits you can expect to gain from participating in our group include:
- Refining your presenting and speaking skills
- Overcoming your fear of speaking in front of a group
- Easily leading teams and conducting meetings
- Becoming a better listener
- Becoming a better conversationalist
- Learning to comfortably give and receive constructive evaluation
- Receiving valuable feedback from experienced speakers, including some members that have been with the club over 25 years
- Networking and developing connections with a diverse group of members with varied professional backgrounds
Our members have a wide range of experience levels, including brand new speakers as well as seasoned Toastmasters who have been with the club for 5-25+ years. Our club is one of the oldest in Winnipeg and celebrated our 60th anniversary in 2016. Our long track record and roster of members that have been with the club for many years is testament to why our club is so successful.
We meet at an easily accessible, central location in Winnipeg, right at confusion corner: the Masonic Memorial Temple (420 Corydon Avenue). We meet Wednesday evenings from 6:10 pm - 8:30 pm. Please come and visit our club and experience Toastmasters first hand. We've all been new members before, and we don't expect you to deliver a speech or even speak at your first meeting. If you feel Toastmasters and our club in particular is a good fit for you, we will explain to you what is involved in becoming a member. We will also guide you to select appropriate speaking opportunities that present themselves at each and every meeting. When you feel comfortable, we encourage you to then jump in and take on a role. As you begin speaking you will see the results immediately. The speaking and leadership roles gradually become more challenging, and you will continue to see yourself grow.
Check out our club's website, which has more information, including our club calendar and more specific details about how our meetings work: