On the Trail 2015
OVERVIEW: Please join us for the second Santa Lucia Trail Crew Trip. This is an overnight camping trip at the Santa Lucia Memorial Park Campground. The campground has picnic tables and vault toilets. Water is not available at the campground.
You are welcome to work one or two days. I will be heading up to the campground Friday afternoon. It is a long drive and last year's Friday evening was a lot of fun.
THE WORK: We will be starting work at the beginning of the Santa Lucia Trail working our way towards Junipero Serra Peak. The start of the trail is close to the campground. This trip is for all abilities, and will include brushing and removing trees.
WHAT TO BRING: In addition to bringing essential items of personal gear and food for the duration of the trip, please also include:
· Water. Bring water and other refreshments. It’s car camping so bring your cooler.
· Work gloves, sturdy work clothes, protective eyewear, and protective footwear. If you do not have protective eyewear or work gloves they will be provided. Please let me know if you need them.
· Day pack able to carry 2 liters of water.
· Extra food and snacks for the trail.
· Tecnu lotion for poison oak if you need it.
· Your favorite loppers, handsaw, and helmut if you have them, otherwise tools and safety instruction will be provided.
· Sun shower if you have one.
· Wood for a campfire.
· Don’t forget to bring a special contribution to the famous, festive and fabulous VWA hors d’oeurves POTLUCK Saturday Night.
Local Weather: Local Weather Link (http://forecast.weather.gov/MapClick.php?lat=36.316426888291346&lon=-121.25823785329362&site=all&smap=1%23.VO08pXzF9qY)
Rain will cancel and the trip will be rescheduled.
FOR QUESTIONS: Contact Sharol Sevilla ([masked])