PINE RIDGE TRAIL
CAR CAMP@ CHINA CAMP
SUNDAY, MAY 15th - MONDAY, MAY 16
VWA TRAIL CREW LEADER: Maria Ferdin
Photos: Late spring flowers on Pine Ridge Trail high above Church Creek (above); home in Pine Valley (below); August 2014.
Please join us as we continue our work to restore the upper Pine Ridge Trail to stock passable conditions. This trip is the 3rd in the series and this time we will work on a half mile section close to the trailhead at China Camp. This means- we are car camping!
This is a 2 day/ 1 night work trip basing out of China Camp. Our focus on this trip is to clear the brush from the upper section of the first mile of the Pine Ridge Trail. The map below shows the work site. It is thick with ceanothus and we are going to restore it to stock passable conditions.
No prior experience in trail work is necessary. Tools and instruction on tool use and safety will be provided.
WHERE TO MEET: 8AM @ China Camp Trailhead.
WHAT TO BRING: Essential items of personal gear and food for the duration of the trip, please also include:
• Water- China Camp is dry so you will need to bring enough water for the duration of the trip.
• Work gloves, sturdy work clothes and protective footwear
• Day pack able to carry 2- 4 liters of water
• Extra food and snacks for the trail
• Tecnu lotion for poison oak protection if you need it
• Personal tools if you have them, otherwise tools and instruction on use and safety will be provided.
• A contribution to the famous, festive and fabulous VWA hors d’eourves POTLUCK
LOCAL WEATHER (http://forecast.weather.gov/MapClick.php?lon=-121.61633867653659&lat=36.291083468112475#.Vk6dRUb7M7o)--RAIN WILL CANCEL