Jan 25, 2011 · 6:00 PM
REGISTER at www.vlab.org This three part series provides entrepreneurs business, tactical and legal education. Presented by experienced industry CEOs, venture capitalists and lawyers, the series will offer insights on cutting-edge issues faced by entrepreneurs today.
Series 3: Start-Up Capital - Best Practices for Funding New Ventures So you have the next killer idea. Raising start-up capital could be the difference between serving a handful of customers versus millions of customers. But raising startup capital is so daunting! Luckily today, there are many options for funding startups, but finding and securing “smart money” takes diligent research, good negotiating skills, and, above all, an unflagging commitment to launching your new business. Come join us; as our experienced panel guides you on the key factors that matter when it comes to raising capital.
- When is the right time to raise venture capital?
- Which type of investor is best suited for your startup: angels, venture capitalists, strategic investors, potential partners, other investment sources?
- How should you position your business vis-à-vis each capital source? What can you do to make your company stand out from the crowd?
- Which investor(s) should you choose?
Interact with a panel of VCs, angels and attorneys to discuss the best practices for each role to contribute to the success of your startup. 6:00PM to 7:00PM - Registration and Networking 7:00PM to 8:15PM - Main Event $35 Pre-Registration Online $50 Last-Minute Ticket DISCLAIMER: Please note that RSVP in Meetup does NOT register you for the event. Please purchase your ticket(s) at http://www.vlab.org/s... Moderator
* Daniel Zimmermann, Partner, SNR-Denton Speakers
* Sergio Monsalve, Principal, Norvest Venture Partners * Dror Berman, Innovation Endeavors * John Ricci, CEO, US Angels Investors