This event was canceled
We will hike for about 5 miles at a moderate pace. The starting point will be the Fishers Park parking area near the tennis/pickleball courts on Wangum Rd.
VHT has decided to add a few more hikes to encourage folks to get in touch with nature during these trying times. Hiking is naturally socially distancing and the hike leader will sign everyone in to avoid passing the pen/pencil from person to person. VHT is limiting the number of participants to 10 to meet guidelines. Below are some tips put out by the NRPA.
Here are a few COVID-19 safety tips for outdoor enthusiasts from the National Recreation and Park Association:
* Wash your hands before you go and carry hand sanitizer.
* Do not use trails if you have symptoms of COVID-19, which can include fever, cough and breathing trouble.
* Maintain a six-foot distance from other people while on the trail, following social distancing guidelines from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
* Bring your own water and keep in mind that any public restrooms may be closed.
* It's even more important than usual to pack out your own trash to protect any park employees.