addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Victoria BC Startups Message Board › Thinklandia Speaker and Topics

Thinklandia Speaker and Topics

A former member
Post #: 1
Hey All,
I need to get some input on this please:

Along with the Accelerator VIATeC is feeling pretty ambitious this year. They plan to create an event, tentatively called "Thinklandia", running in partnership with/as an add-on to Rifflandia. Think something along the lines of SxSW Interactive, and hoping to showcase the creative/tech/culture side of Victoria.

I'm helping with speakers, and would really love to know what kind of topics you are interested in hearing keynotes on. Name big names if you like, it may happen through connections, but mostly I'm trying to understand what ideas/topics/trends would get you excited.

Part of the intention of this event is to bring Victoria to the attention of the Angel and VC communities. Getting your suggestions now will help us to make this event more relevant to the YYJ start up community, hence more successful and therefore more likely to help your companies get noticed.

Some of the things I've heard so far: Heads Up Displays, 3D Printing, Space based, new organizational structures...

What would be interesting to you? What would be useful to you or your company?