This is a challenging route that will take us to a few interesting places off the Lochside Trail that we haven't explored yet. We will see what looks like the world's largest treehouse and a unique sloped bridge. The route then takes us to Glencoe Cove for a picnic lunch, weather permitting and then on to Ten Mile Point.
What the ride lacks in distance, it more than makes up for in vertical ascents. There are also a few short bits of trail where we will have to walk our bikes.
The preliminary route can be found on Ride With GPS.
This weekend, we have two rides planned, so if you're not particulary interested in hill climbs, the Smell The Roses Ride the day before may be more to your liking.
Standard Stuff. PLEASE VISIT THE LINKS!
• If this is your first ride with us, please print, sign and bring with you a copy of our waiver.
• Before attending a ride with Victoria Cycling Adventures I will complete the following two quizzes: Cycling Safety Quiz and Meetup.com Procedures Quiz.
• By attending this ride, I declare that I have read, understood and agree to the contents of Victoria Cycling Adventures Waiver and Policies and Procedure
• For your safety we will break the ride into smaller groups while on busy roads. Please familiarize yourself with our Cycling procedures for large groups.
• In case of bad weather, we will reschedule this ride and substitute an Embrace The Rain Ride in its place. Hey - we live in a rain forest, its gonna rain! Let's learn to enjoy it. This will be a short ride in town with a stop to warm up and dry out. You will be informed of any changes to the ride by email no later than one hour before the scheduled departure time.