Location visible to members
DOG FRIENDLY HIKE (as long as your furry friend can be kept under control since the safety of all participants is our priority)
BRING A FLASHLIGHT OR A HEADLAMP BRING
We meet near the main gate to the asphalt road (Churchill Drive)that lead to the summit of Mount Douglas.
Near intersection of Cedar hill Rd and Churchill Drive.
copy and paste this Lat and Long in your internet browser.
NOTE: I will be walking up the hill with my backpack and running down to prepare me for those multi day hike in the months to come. You are welcome to join me. You are welcome to run, walk with or without weight. Let`s just get together and sweat it out.
1. Good day all, have you ever wished you could hike/run like a mountain goat? No, yes, maybe.
2. What I am planning to do, is to hike up the hill with a 35 pounds backpack and then run down hill to prepare for different challenges that is offered throughout the year.
3. I plan to start by Hiking/running up/down Mount Douglas on the pave road. We will be increasing the number of repetitions as our fitness level improve.
4. I will be selecting different hills to Hike/run as the season progress and put the occasional trails runs.
5. I would like to hike/run or walk between 60 to 90 minutes.
To Bring: lots of water ie camel pack, sunscreen and a hat and a head lamp of flashlight.
NEW PLEASE READ CAREFULLY
Waiver: All participants in the event are required to read and sign the FMCBC universal waiver before participating in an event. Members are required to read and sign the waiver once per year when they purchase their membership card, and before their first trip begins (at the meeting place). Non-members (drop-ins) and guests must read and sign the universal waiver each time they participate, and before the trip begins (at the meeting place). Please read the waiver before attending your first event –
*TO READ THE NEW WAIVER, GO TO THE FOLLOWING LINK: http://files.meetup.com/1757378/FMCBCUNIVERSALWAIVER.pdf
Participant list: Separately from the waiver, participants are required to provide an emergency contact number at the beginning of each trip.
Membership: Our membership fee is $20; first-time participants are allowed to attend two events free of charge before they pay the $20 membership fee, or choose to drop-in for $2 per event. You can buy your membership card from your host at the event. Membership in our club includes membership in the Federation of Mountain Clubs of BC, a 15% discount on the camping section at Capital Iron, and food provided by the club at annual events.