The growing digitization and networking process within our society has a large influence on all aspects of everyday life. Large amounts of data are being produced permanently, and when these are analyzed and interlinked they have the potential to create new knowledge and intelligent solutions for economy and society. Big Data can make important contributions to the technical progress in our societal key sectors and help shape business. What is needed are innovative technologies, strategies and competencies for the beneficial use of Big Data to address societal needs.
Climate, Energy, Food, Health, Transport, Security, and Social Sciences – are the most important societal challenges tackled by the European Union within the new research and innovation framework program “Horizon 2020”. In every one of these fields, the processing, analysis and integration of large amounts of data plays a growing role – such as the analysis of medical data, the decentralized supply with renewable energies or the optimization of traffic flow in large cities.
Big Data Europe (BDE, http://www.big-data-europe.eu) will undertake the foundational work for enabling European companies to build innovative multilingual products and services based on semantically interoperable, large-scale, multi-lingual data assets and knowledge, available under a variety of licenses and business models
On 14-15 December 2015 the whole BDE team is meeting in Vienna for a project plenary and thereby around 35 experts in the topic will be participating in the Big Data Europe MeetUp on 15 December 2015 at the Impact Hub Vienna to discuss challenges and requirements and proven solutions for big data management together with the audience.
• 16:00 - 16:10, Welcome: Semantic Web Meetup Vienna & BDE MeetUp Vienna, Martin Kaltenböck (SWC, BDE )
• 16:10 - 16:30, The Big Data Europe Project, Sören Auer (Fraunhofer IAIS, BDE Project Lead)
• 16:30 - 16:45, Big Data Management Models (e.g. RACE), Mario Meir-Huber (Big Data Lead CEE, Teradata, Vienna - Austria)
• 16:45 - 17:00, Selected Big Data Projects in Budapest & above, Zoltan C Toth (Senior Big Data Engineer RapidMiner Inc., Budapest - Hungary)
• 17:00 - 17:30 Open Discussion with the Panel on Big Data Requirements, Challenges and Solutions.
• 17:30 - 19:00 Networking & Drinks (19:00/30 end of event)