What does are group value in martial arts training?
• Safety - We want members to feel like they have a safe and supportive environment in which to train.
• Fun - No boring forms or memorization of hundreds of techniques like many other arts.
• Fitness - Get a mental and physical challenge focusing on flexibility, coordination and balance.
• Practicality - We want to know that, if needed, this stuff could work in every day life.
• Community - Meet new people and learn new things together.
What is Bahad Zu'Bu?
It's a Filipino Martial Art (also known as Eskrima, Kali, or Arnis). Most martial arts make you learn years of "empty hand" forms before you get to play with weapons, we hand you one your first day. We start everyone with training swords, knives and sticks that have all edges removed for safety. You learn basic footwork, defenses and techniques.
Where have you seen Eskrima before?
The Bourne Trilogy , Book of Eli, Blade, Hanna, Mission Impossible 3, Taken, The Hunted, James Bond, Quantum of Solace, and more.
Known for it's lightning quick knife defenses, sword fencing and general effectiveness Eskrima is the "go to" martial art for many special forces, law enforcement and bodyguards.
Training is led by coaches Federico Malibago and Mark Basel. They are not only champion level fighters at the national and international level, but have made many champions as well. Empower yourself by joining the Bahad Zubu Midwest Chapter!
Family and Student DISCOUNTS Private Training and Small Group Training Packages Available
• Each class teaches to all levels of abilities from beginner to advanced.
• Please join the meetup group to know if there is a cancellation.
• If classes are full, priority will be given to those who RSVP to a class
Tuesdays 6:30 PM - 8:00 PM
Thursdays 6:30 PM - 8:00 PM
Saturdays 1:00 PM - 3:00 PM
Location: Element Boxing/Spirt TKD/Bahad Zubu Midwest Chapter 655 Fairview Avenue North Saint Paul, MN 55104