Starting in mid-June, I will be offering a very intensive "Shop 101" class. It is the ideal class for those in engineering school, graduating high school and others who want to learn all about the subjects listed below. This FREE introductory class will go over the entire curriculum, the costs and complete class schedule. In addition, I will show all attendees how to be safe(r) in and around basic shop equipment. There is no obligation, no charge and I'll supply free pizza & drinks. Plus, I'll be showing some very cool "how it's made" videos!
This is practical, hands-on information that will make you a more capable human being and "maker!" No theory, no textbooks, and no tests. It is the crucial 20% of information that you will use 80% of the time!
- will take place in my shop on Friday and Tuesday nights, from 6pm-10pm
- are a course, with a total of over 55 hours of practical instruction!
- will run approximately 4 hours each, with extra time for questions.
- are limited to only 8 STUDENTS per course!
- each subject below is one or two separate class sessions.
- are "School 2.0" All handouts being electronic, fully editable and have live-links.
Please feel free to contact me if you have questions,
Gene Sherman www.vocademy.com vocademyusa-at-gmail.com
CURRICULUM: More detailed subject descriptions here: http://vocademy.com/classes/shop101/
101 - FREE INTRO TO SHOP & SAFETY
110 - RAW MATERIALS
120 - HARDWARE
130 - MATH & MEASURE
140 - DRAWINGS & PRINTS
150 - HAND HELD TOOLS
160 - POWER HAND TOOLS
170 - CUTTERS & ABRASIVES
180 - SHOP EQUIPMENT
190 - MANUAL MILLING (2 classes)
200 - MANUAL TURNING (2 classes)
210 - INTRO TO FABRICATION (bonus class!)