Needs a location
Built between 1825 and 1827 by Stephen and Mehitable Frazee, this lonely house on a hill overlooks the old canal. Though it was rumored to have been a tavern, no evidence has been found to suggest it. It may have also served as a makeshift jail while the canal was under construction.
The last owners of the home were the Foote family. It was purchased by the National Park Services in the 1970s. Remarkably, the house was never updated with indoor plumbing and electricity.
Several paranormal legends are attached to this house. Stephen Frazee is believed to be haunting the building, as well as one of the Frazee's children who possibly passed away at a young age. There is also a story of a lynching on the property, when a canal digger was hung for his crimes.