Seasons Greetings! Let's have some fun!
Ladies Book & Explorer's Club will have our Holiday Pot Luck and White Elephant Gift Exchange Party at Sonya's place on Saturday, December 10th at 6:30PM. We will try our Pot Luck, see who ends up with The Elephant In The Room and review our book of the month, What She Knew, by Gilly MacMillan.
Pot Luck! Please bring your favorite holiday food item and or beverage of your choice. As we get closer to the date, we will post what we are bringing to avoid duplicates.
White Elephant Gift Exchange (version for us this year):
· Each Lady will bring one wrapped gift to contribute to a common pool (gifts should be up to $15 value)
· Players draw names to determine what order they will go in
· Players sit in a circle or line where they can see the gift pile
· The first player selects a gift from the pool and opens it
· The following players can choose to either pick an unwrapped gift from the pool or steal a previous player’s gift. Anyone who gets their gift stolen in this way can do the same – choose a new gift or steal from someone else.
· After all players have had a turn, the first player gets a chance to swap the gift he or she is holding for any other opened gift. Anyone who’s gift is stolen may steal from someone else (as long as that person hasn’t been stolen from yet).
· When someone declines to steal a gift, the game comes to an end.
And, we will review our book of the month: