The Pinnacles @ Mulu, Sarawak !!!
- Malaysia most challenging hike !
- multiple days tropical jungle trek
- Deer & Lang Caves, Deer cave being world largest cave passage 2km long, 90m high
- Clear Water & Wind Caves, Clear Water cave is the world longest at 107km & Wind cave is simple super windy
- witness millions of bats excodus flight from the caves
- The Pinnacles, a World Heritage Site
- razor sharp limestone rocks rising up to 50m
- if you think Mt Kinabalu is tough at 4098m, try the Pinnacles ! At just a mere 1200m, experienced hikers swear it is even tougher than Kinabalu !!! If you like the idea of wild tropical journey trekking Indiana Jones style, long boat rides, rivers wading , over night deep in the jungle, climbing up endless ropes, roots, ropes & ladders then this is you !!! At the end of this journey are the razor sharp lime stone rocks known as the Pinnacles. Truly one of the most amazing view you will ever witness. This dramatic site is a formation of natures that rises up to as high as 50m. Definitely worth the climb.
The Mulu National Park is also famous for its majestic caves, some of which we will be visiting. The Deer & Lang caves are known for their millions of bat residents that will fly out every evening presenting a magnificent encounter for all. The Clear Water & Wind caves are also a beautiful site, one being the longest and the other simply super windy !
Definitely not your usual day hike up any gunungs in West Malaysia, but a true multiple days wild Borneo jungle thrashing, this is an adventure not to be missed !
Don't wait nor think too long, we only got 20 slots in hand....
- this trip is strictly not for the beginner !!!
- you must be of above average fitness working out regularly at least twice a week
- you should have hike at least complete Ophir, Belumut, Nuang, Kutu, Berembun, Pine Tree, Bukit Tabur or similar mountains of at least 1000m and above in the last 12 months
- you have to be comfortable staying over night in the tropical jungle, wading thru knee height rivers, climbing up steep vertical rock face, ropes, roots, ladders, etc...
- 5D4N (include 1N stay at Mulu Marriot & 1N Miri city hotel stay)
- 19th to 23rd September (Thursday to Monday)
- limited 20 slots only
- $550.00 per pax (land hike package, exclusive of air fare)
- deposit of $300.00 per pax to secure slots
- flight details SIN/MIRI, MIRI/MULU & return (separate cost)
- return air fares is approx about $180 plus as at 28/06/2019
- packing list, itinerary and other FAQs will be addressed in our dedicated chat group
---RSVP & CONFIRMATIONS---
- RSVP is only for those who are keen !
- you will be added to a interest chat group for further details & costs
- remember to provide your mobile contact for dedicated interest chat group, we will not entertain those without mobile contacts
-CONFIRMATION of slots are for those who make a deposit first !
- this event is a “First to Pay, First to Confirm” basis.
- all payments made are non refundable. Transfer to another participant is NOT allowed for this event. Please do not post in comment to do replacement or transfer to another participant, the Organizers will not accept such replacements.
- kindly make your deposit payment of SGD300.00 to either
1) DBS Current A/C - "[masked]"
2) PAYNOW UEN - "[masked]D"
-send a screenshot of your receipt via whatsapp to us. Remember to indicate your real name and MeetUp name so we can verify and recognise who you are.
---ACKNOWLEDGEMENT TO OUR TERMS & CONDITIONS---
By my participation, I have read, agreed & accept the terms & conditions here - https://www.meetup.com/WLC-Travels-Adventures/pages/28493868/Disclaimers,_Indemnities,_Terms_of_Participation
This event is managed & organized by
Three Is Two Pte Ltd
STB License TA - 03061