Women On Wheels (WOW) Who are we? ● We're a non-competitive club, energetic group of women of all ages who have a passion and love of cycling. We participate in event rides for various non-profit causes & organizations.
● Goal & Mission: Develop & strengthen physical and mental stamina, endurance and over-all well being while forming friendships..
● Designed for road and hybrid bicycles. For beginning, intermediate and advanced cyclists wanting to ride with women in a non-competitive atmosphere.
● We offer educational cycling workshops on: ~ bicycle safety & maintenance ~ individual/group riding tips efficient & effective group long-distance riding skills
● When: Saturday and/or Sundays with occassional rides through the week based on interest & participation. **We are a seasonal club starting in March - October. We will post other events, socials or the occasional rides in off season depending on weather conditions. For safety, we don't ride in rain or strong windy conditions.
●Where: Various regions in Sacramento county, Bay area and outlining areas.
● Rides based on participation and are a no-SAG ( Support And Gear) cycling group. ● Two cycling groups offered based on participation & need- (A group: more experienced cyclists 20+ miles @ 16+ mph) (B groups: less experienced cyclists 13+ miles @ 13+ mph). Recommended Requirements: ● Helmets a must. No helmet, no riding - safety first! Bring: plenty of water, (water bottles or hydration pack), cell phone, ID, medical card, sunscreen, sun glasses, chapstick, bandana (a multi-purpose function) and most importantly, money for a snack afterwards. ● Carry bike support gear: extra tire tube, air pump, bike tools.
● Come prepared: tires pumped, brakes, gears & tire check.
● Ride Day- Our motto is: "No cyclist left behind or stranded!" Call, text or post on meet-up if you have to cancel or may be a little late. • To keep on schedule, we leave promptly 15 minutes after our scheduled ride & warm up. •New cyclists must arrive 15 minutes prior to scheduled ride to fill out waiver forms.
Join us as we ride across the country!!
Results for WOW - Women On Wheels
Virtual Great American Trail Ride - Team Results
Clock Time: 155:32:51
Distance: 2,214.71 miles