100 Queen Street West , Toronto, ON, Toronto, ON
Welcome to Andrew Grant
Andrew is a DevOps Engineer at Carbon60 Networks. In his own words, Andrew is a bit twiddler, pixel pusher, all around geek.
Join us as we ask Andrew to talk about security, SSL and site speed in a holistic way. We're asking Andrew:
• What is the difference between SSL and https://?
• Is a shared SSL a good idea?
• How do you choose between Akismet, Bad Behavior, SiteLock, Cloudflare, Wordfence, Sucuri, and Bruteforce? What the heck do they all do?
• What is a 301 redirect? Why would I want one?
Come to ask Andrew your questions for an insider's knowledge and experience.
We have two primary objectives for this group:
1. Help business owners grow their business using WordPress and all the tools that connect with it.
2. Develop local speakers for WP-TO and Word Camp TO.
Tina and I enthusiastically support the WordPress model. That is, providing excellent value and content that attracts people to do business with us. If you're wondering how to approach self-promotion at a WordPress event, please consider this quote from Zig Ziglar:
"You can have everything you want in life if you will just help enough other people get what they want."
Project Manager/Consultant using Agile tools to deliver business value
Freelance guy with a penchant for the arts. Looking to expand knowledge of WP!
I'm a long-time WordPress user and plugin developer.
Greetings from the West End. These sessions are really worthwhile!
Is WordPress the Web's OS - trying to approach the question gracefully.
Hello. I am horrible at this.
Freelance WordPress developer.