Jan 5, 2014 · 11:00 AM
This location is shown only to members
I have change the walk content, due to the fact that the River Thames is in flood. (See below). Still meet at the same car park.
The Air Forces Memorial, or Runnymede Memorial, in Englefield Green, near Egham, Surrey, England is a memorial dedicated to some 20,456 men and women from the British Empire who were lost in operations from World War II.
Those recorded have no known grave anywhere in the world, and many were lost without trace. The name of each of these airmen and airwomen is engraved into the stone walls of the memorial, according to country and squadron.
• Meet at the car park on Coopers Hill Lane, Egham.
• Taking a look at the Airforce Memorial, before heading for Windsor Great Park. At Savil Garden we will stop for refreshments.
• From Savil Gardens we will continue in the Great Park Passing Smiths Lawn (Polo area) before heading back to Englefield Green.
You may need:
1. Suitable walking boots and clothing for the weather.
2. WISy Subs £2.00 per person.
3. Contact telephone number on the day is 07702230894.
The organiser does not accept any responsibility for any personal injury or loss or damage to any property or change to the itinerary.