S 48th St & E Guadalupe Rd, Phoenix, AZ
Description: Description: Join us for this urban hike. We will try to keep a steady pace, stopping briefly to catch our breath.Starting at the Pima Canyon trail head, we will cover different trails each week which may include heart pumping climbs on rocky trails ranging in elevations of about 400+ feet. Leader will adjust pace to the needs of the group, which will include easy to moderate hikes.
Difficulty:Easy to intermediate
Total Distance: 2 - 4 miles
Elevation Gain: 400+ ft,
Water to Bring: 1-2 liters
Directions: From I-10 and Elliot Rd.
1. Head west on Elliott to 48th Street (stay on right lane)
2. Turn right (north) on 48th St. continue 1.1 miles
3. Turn left on S. 48th St. (3rd left after the Piedmont St. light)
4. Immediately turn left again on Pima Canyon Rd.
5. Pass a small guard shack--keep going to the end (parking lot)
6. Meet at the Ramada on the north side across the parking lot
Note: The park entrance is approximately 50 yards north of the intersection.
Minimum Attendees required: 3
Special Instructions: Bring water, trail snack/energy bar, flashlight or headlamp, and a bandanna for your head or sweat! Check the weather before heading to trailhead and use comments to ask questions. Remember to be courteous to others by honoring your RSVP.