addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Wandering Soles Hiking Club Message Board › Has Anyone Been down the Tanner Trail?

Has Anyone Been down the Tanner Trail?

A former member
Post #: 1
Hey, WS's,

So, it's been, um...geez...8 years since I have backpacked! See what kids will do to you? Anyway, some friend of mine would like to go halfway down the Tanner Trail in the Grand Canyon and camp overnight. From what I can read on the internet, that trail is pretty hairy for the first couple miles. Have any of you been on it? If so, could you share your hiking experiences?

Thanks!
Jen Harvey
(I was Jen Wolff back in my early WS days from 2000-2002)
Jeff
user 11938098
Group Organizer
Gilbert, AZ
Post #: 6
Hi Jennifer,

Welcome back to the Wandering Soles. I did the Tanner a few years ago. I thought it was fun and enjoyed the fact it was a less traveled part of the Canyon. It’s fairly challenging though. There is a lot of elevation change in a short distance. Part of the trail is on a rock slide with some steep down/up climbs.

Jeff