addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Washington DC Freegan and Dumpster Diving Meetup Message Board › What's the best thing you ever found in a Dumpster ?

What's the best thing you ever found in a Dumpster ?

A former member
Post #: 27
I found a brand new condition CD/Cassette Boom Box.
Erin S.
user 33608202
Washington, DC
Post #: 1
That's hard since it's all so exciting, but maybe the 8 dozen red roses last night. Or the 2 large sisal grass rugs my husband found. I'm also still very pleased with the goat's milk cheddar, my favorite spinach dip, or the bag of the most perfect avocados I've seen that I got earlier this week. I'm hooked.
James M.
user 38931542
Hagerstown, MD
Post #: 1
I found two cloth covered lawn chairs at a Bed bath And Beyond
p
user 3839953
Washington, DC
Post #: 8
That's hard since it's all so exciting, but maybe the 8 dozen red roses last night. Or the 2 large sisal grass rugs my husband found. I'm also still very pleased with the goat's milk cheddar, my favorite spinach dip, or the bag of the most perfect avocados I've seen that I got earlier this week. I'm hooked.

We're rug new? Found in dc?
p
user 3839953
Washington, DC
Post #: 9
I found two cloth covered lawn chairs at a Bed bath And Beyond

New? Found in dc? No such luck in Maryland.
James M.
user 38931542
Hagerstown, MD
Post #: 4
Brand new, very slightly damaged. Hagerstown MD
James M.
user 38931542
Hagerstown, MD
Post #: 5
My wife and I used to go to Walmart till the Manager came out and stated that, "Walmart considers it stealing for anyone to take anything out of their dumpsters." Up till them we would collect large quantities of fresh fruits and vegetables out of the dumpsters, including 20 lbs. of onions, 4 dozen eggs, 10 lbs of block cheese, 10 lbs of bananas, heads of lettuce ( all kinds) oranges, mango's, pineapples, potatoes. All good. Just not perfect. We dumpster dove and did not have to buy fresh fruit and vegetables for 3 months and had so much we could share with friends who were in need. The Walmart here in Hagerstown has 4 food dumpsters that are filled and hauled away every week full of food that could go to a soup kitchen or help people in need. I am sure this is true of all Walmarts.
Chase W.
user 64562392
Rockville, MD
Post #: 2
Tons of bananas, giving me the same chase chase the banana case when I packed the fridge and freezer with bananas.