addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Washington DC Freegan and Dumpster Diving Meetup Message Board › Wild plant foraging meet-up (trying again)

Wild plant foraging meet-up (trying again)

Erica
user 11027324
Washington, DC
Post #: 10
Hello all,

Last summer I suggested teaching people about wild plants as food, possibly in Rock Creek Park. There seemed to be a fair amount of interest, but when I created an event, almost no one signed up.

Since the spring is coming, and that's the best time for foraging, I figured I'd try again. Could I get a virtual show of hands for who is interested in this? Thanks!

-- Erica
Jenn
user 3552940
Alexandria, VA
Post #: 1
I'd be interested.
p
user 3839953
Washington, DC
Post #: 7
I am very interested and am sorry the mushrooms were missed last year. I must have been overcome with life events last year. Thank you for your generosity for offering to lead and teach :)
A former member
Post #: 9
I'm on board.
Thai
user 11530370
Washington, DC
Post #: 1
I'll be there! Thanks for sharing your much appreciated knowledge and reaching out a 2nd time.
Erica
user 11027324
Washington, DC
Post #: 11
OK, everybody. I suggest a date of Sunday, April 22, which has the benefit of also being Earth Day. I'll create an event for it (pleeeease sign up if you're interested, so I know to persevere), or else suggest an alternate date. Thanks!

p
user 3839953
Washington, DC
Post #: 11
Hmmm...that's my birthday. Would be fun to meet new fellow freeganers :)
jeff
FREEYOURSELF
Washington, DC
Post #: 40
I have made it an official meetup event so hopefully folks can sign up and show up. I am hoping to come out assuming I am not horribly busy and depending on number of people confirmed I might invite some friends who are interested in foraging and might have a little knowledge on the subject : )

Sorry I haven't been active much and hopefully we can get a meeting together soon!
Erica
user 11027324
Washington, DC
Post #: 12
It's on for Sunday. Please RSVP if you haven't already. Thanks!