What we're about
Upcoming events (2)
This WNG Members-only event presents an "all hands on deck" opportunity to join your fellow Members for an informal coffee hour convened on the Zoom meeting platform. We will use breakout rooms for smaller group interaction.
Register Online: https://lnkd.in/dhEgMs3
During this coffee hour, WNG Members will have an opportunity to participate in two (2) breakout sessions lasting 20+ minutes each. For the first breakout session, Members may choose which room they want to join - Rooms will be aligned with our six roundtables and two forums and include a Sherpa from the WNG leadership. The second session will include breakout rooms composed of randomly assigned groups of Members. This event is designed to be informal, so all you really need to do is show up, engage in a little conversation, and enjoy.
9:00 AM - Welcome
9:05 AM - First Breakout Session - Self-selected (20+ minutes)
9:25 AM - Return to general meeting room
9:30 AM - Second Breakout Session - Randomly assigned: (20+ minutes)
9:55 AM - Return to general meeting room
10:00 AM - Adjourn
Please register in advance. Once you have registered online, the WNG Office will send you a confirmation email with a link and password to participate in this Zoom meeting.
WNG Members: Complimentary
Non-Members & Former Members: Join & Go
Join & Go: To participate in this event, both non-members and former WNG Members may use our Join & Go option. To do so, please visit our registration page and select the option to pay your $90 membership dues when your register. Thereafter, the WNG Office will contact former Members who renewed to confirm of their Legacy Member status, and will contact new Term Members with instructions to complete the on-boarding process.
Questions: Contact the WNG Office:[masked]
Please join the WNG when we meet with Lorne Epstein, a world-class facilitator and adult experiential educator who has led active learning experiences since 1993. Lorne will lead us through a 90-minute workshop that offers an introduction to how human beings operate with unconscious bias.
Register Here: https://lnkd.in/dNxhKrQ
About Our Topic:
Research on decision-making reveals that when individuals are highly aware of their decision-making process, they can see how non-determinant data influences their thinking. This awareness mitigates bias in decision-making by giving them access to a more extensive set of choices to reach their intended outcomes.
Experiential learning is an integral component of this workshop and the participant development process. This workshop includes simulated experiences that transform participant behaviors through awareness. The experiential learning model builds insights by having participants do the actions in a training space to reduce decision-making bias.
In this workshop, participants will learn what unconscious bias is and how it affects their workplace relationships and decision-making.
Through this workshop, participants will:
• Learn how priming bias works.
• See how bias can affect their choices at work.
• Conduct a personal social network analysis.
• Develop new practices and skills to minimize bias in business decisions.
Participants will explore the following questions:
• What is bias?
• How does bias affect our lives and the workplace?
• What biases do I have?
• What tools are available to me to reduce the effects of bias in my workplace?
About Our Speaker:
Lorne Epstein is a world-class facilitator and adult experiential educator who has been leading active learning experiences since 1993. His talent acquisition career allowed him to build companies in the U.S., India, and Brazil by hiring right. He is a graduate student in Organizational Development and Knowledge Management at George Mason University. He has been an HR professional since 1996. His book, You’re Hired! Interview Skills to Get the Job, has been downloaded over a half-million times worldwide. Every week, he hosts The Lorne Epstein Show, where national experts share insights about the workplace. He is SHRM-SCP certified and a Lifetime Charter Member of the Association of Talent Acquisition Professionals.
• Over 5,300 participants have earned SHRM or HRCI credit through Lorne’s workshops.
• 4,300 HR Professionals participated and earned credit at HRCI’s Higher Standards: Advancing the Conversation around Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion on October 14, 2020.
• Built first National Talent Acquisition Network for the U.S. Forest Service tasked with hiring 1,800 new employees annually, including 10,000 fire-season hires.
• Enhanced the global hiring process for a software development company, achieving a 54% increase in hires.
• Developed a hiring strategy that reduced time-to-hire by 76% and cost-to-hire by 48% for a naval architecture firm.
• Increased employee referrals by 44% at a global software company.
Professional Memberships Certifications
• SHRM-SCP Certification # SHRMAPP8534
• Member – Society for Human Resource Management
• Lifetime Charter Member – Association of Talent Acquisition Professionals
Event Platform & Recordings:
This event takes place on the Zoom meeting platform.
REGISTER ONLINE: https://lnkd.in/dNxhKrQ
Early-bird rates are in effect for a little while...
NOTE: Please register in advance. Once you have registered online, the WNG Office will send you a confirmation email with a link to participate in this Zoom meeting.
Questions: Contact the WNG Office:[masked]