addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcredit-cardcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobe--smallglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1launch-new-window--smalllight-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

The Northern Virginia Dungeons & Dragons Meetup Group Message Board The Northern Virginia Dungeons & Dragons/RPG Meetup Group Discussion Forum › Looking for a GM? Looking for players? Post here!

Looking for a GM? Looking for players? Post here!

Keith B.
user 12364922
Reston, VA
Post #: 3
I have 2 or 3 friends who want to start a 4th ed. game out of my house. So that's 3 or 4 players. We are all newbies to the game, and have been trying to get a game going for a while. I have went out and bought the Player's Handbook, 4th ed. for Dummies, and a few minis, all the appropriate die, and I'm going to get the other 2 core books soon. This is our first attempt at something like Dungeons and Dragons, and we're all very excited. We want to start our adventure with a party of 4 (we've heard that is the best way to cover all the class roles), and we have someone willing to be our committed dungeon master, so all that's left is those 1 or 2 more players! If you're an experienced player, all the better, you'll be an immense resource to us, if you're a newbie like us, then we look forward to learning and experiencing an epic adventure with you!

My e-mail address is initech.kb@gmail.com, please feel free to e-mail me with any questions you may have. Our weekly (may be twice a week) adventure will be run out of my girlfriend and me's apartment, here in northern Virginia. I should note that we're looking to have our first meeting within the next week, so please, e-mail!

Please don't be afraid to come play with us total newbs. Help us learn the game and come have fun!
Sebastien
user 12355167
Ashburn, VA
Post #: 2
I'm looking for a 4th edition game to join in or around Ashburn. One-shot game or full-fledged ongoing campaign are fine. Any game time is good in my book.

If anyone is looking for players please let me know. DM-ing would not be out of the questions once I have had a chance to play and get used to the new rules of 4e.

A former member
Post #: 9
I currently run a Pathfinder game, using my own homebrew world. I will not bore you with the details on how my world is so good and so different (sarcasm). We have recently lost many players due to military deployments and other such things are now down from our group of 6-8 players to 3. I usually run between 5-6 players but have ran larger games.

I am looking for players...plain and simple, particularly female gamers since we did loose many of my usual female gamers, but all players of all genders are welcome. We meet every other Sunday afternoon from 1:30 pm to about 6 pm in Arlington, to far from Ballston Commons. I generally like to meet new players prior to game for coffee or something with a few of my current players to get a feeling of what they are looking for in a game as well to use that time to generate a character so that on the first day at the table they are good to go and ready to play.

We have a good balance between old and new gamers. I don't require any prior experiance in Pathfinder or for that matter in gaming, so first time gamers are welcome. I like to craft good stories that will make you go "wow...this should be a graphic novel/book/movie" and do give out extra XP to players who choose to do blue booking RP or other such things. I am in the process of putting up all my campaign material onto Obsidan Portal, but it is a work in progress. I do like feedback from my players and gladly will take suggestions about what they are looking to do in a campaign...as evident by a player one time asking for an "easy and fun monster to fight that is somewhat difficult" to which I made a 3E version of the "chocolate golem".

If any of this sounds like something you want to try please let me know.
A former member
Post #: 195
Ok, Zeroing in on the first meeting will be at the Games Parlor in Woodbridge.

Calling all Oldschool DnDers and those familar with Dragonlance. I am starting up a 1st/2nd edition Dragonlance based DnD game. Laid back common sense but creative DM looking for like minded players for entertaining story telling, original gaming quality, fun and joking around. (Encouraging Movie quotes like from such favors as Monty Python's Holy Grail, Ghostbusters, Big Trouble little China, Spaceballs etc etc)

Anyone up for getting together and just having fun with the game hit me up...

as I said before

the ball is Rolling.

Matthew, have you found any players yet? My group plays 1E AD&D in Arlington on the first and third Friday nights of each month. Our game is full at this time, but you might want to check out our boards, which I've set up specifically for our group. There are lots of people on the boards who are not in our game, so you might be able to do some recruiting there. I won't post the link to the board here out of respect for the organizers of this group, so if you are interested PM me and I'll give you the link. You can also e-mail me at koineman AT gmail.com.

Jeremy
Mark
user 9155296
Alexandria, VA
Post #: 3
Anyone interested in starting groups out there, or need someone to fill a spot?

I can DM, but more interested in playing.

4E, Level 1 (hopefully), Party size 4-5

I will be able to host come December, about 10 minutes north of Fort Belvoir off Route 1.

I'm willing to meet up anywhere in NOVA for an already going group.
A former member
Post #: 4
Noob here looking for a game around the Burke/Chantilly/Herdon area, 4e or 3.5 are fine with me :D
A former member
Post #: 2
Noob here looking for a game around the Burke/Chantilly/Herdon area, 4e or 3.5 are fine with me :D
I too would like to find a group to play with. Ols school AD&D or 3.5
A former member
Post #: 5

There's a guy from another group offering to DM 4e local to us. we'd only need a couple more folks. I assume there's a big difference between 3.5 and 4 because no one from the 4e camp wants to play 3.5 and vice versa... I'm looking for a weeknight, say between monday and thursday? Thoughts?
Matthew B.
Maverick-Knight
Silver Spring, MD
Post #: 38
Noob­ here looking for a game around the Burke/Chantilly/Herdon area, 4e or 3.5 are fine with me :D

There's a guy from another group offering to DM 4e local to us. we'd only need a couple more folks. I assume there's a big difference between 3.5 and 4 because no one from the 4e camp wants to play 3.5 and vice versa... I'm looking for a weeknight, say between monday and thursday? Thoughts?

Yeah, there's a pretty big difference between the editions, but then there's a big difference between all of the editions. Some things carry over, some don't; some 2e things were brought back, some 3e things were kept. It sometimes depends on where you draw the line on similarity, but some people get hung up on superficialities.

When it comes down to it, players get comfortable with a game system and edition and generally like to keep to the familiar. For the serious gamer, the rules are a means to an end, so sometimes it's better to just pick one thing and have done with it; switching editions back and forth between gaming groups can just get in the way of the game itself.

What's "local" for you? I currently have too much time on my hands. If there's a good story-based game I'm interested in hearing more.
A former member
Post #: 5
GAMING SPACE AVAILABLE

Hello! I live in Annandale, nearer Gallows and Arlington Blvd then downtown Annandale.

I don't have time to run a campaign, BUT I have a gaming room (11.5' x 28') with tons of miniatures, scale buildings of all sorts, maps, dry erase board, projector, tables, microwave, mini-fridge, toaster oven, the works. Seating, a group of 6-8 easily in the main room, but I have a recreation room next to it the same size so altogther can have two groups or one big group of 10-12 (btw the recreation room has a ping pong table and hoops). Its not getting enough use so I really hope to have it utilized! I have mostly 28-30mm (D&D mini) scale, but also 15mm and some odds and ends. I have buildings for middle easter, western, european and castle settings mostly, but also quite a bit of modern warfare (planes, helicopters, etc) and 20th cent type buildings (construction, markets, etc).

Really.. its a gamer's paradise I've been told by my group~

Ideally I'd like to join in a group that can use the space. But I'd also be willing to rent out the use of it for a nominal fee (and a modest deposit just in case something happens since I won't be playing or overseeing). I can also arrange for the GM to have a seperate key to the back door once they have established a rapport~

This is a house so there is good parking as well and about a 10 min walk from Fairfax hospital bus station if anyone uses the metro.

If interested, especially if you want to START a group so others can track this discussion, you can reply here or if you have a group me privately with your e-mail. I can provide photos and/or give a tour to those interested!

Thanks~
Rick