addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

The Northern Virginia Dungeons & Dragons Meetup Group Message Board The Northern Virginia Dungeons & Dragons/RPG Meetup Group Discussion Forum › Looking for a GM? Looking for players? Post here!

Looking for a GM? Looking for players? Post here!

Matthew B.
Maverick-Knight
Silver Spring, MD
Post #: 39
GAMING SPACE AVAILABLE

Hello! I live in Annandale, nearer Gallows and Arlington Blvd then downtown Annandale.

I don't have time to run a campaign, BUT I have a gaming room (11.5' x 28') with tons of miniatures, scale buildings of all sorts, maps, dry erase board, projector, tables, microwave, mini-fridge, toaster oven, the works. Seating, a group of 6-8 easily in the main room, but I have a recreation room next to it the same size so altogther can have two groups or one big group of 10-12 (btw the recreation room has a ping pong table and hoops). Its not getting enough use so I really hope to have it utilized! I have mostly 28-30mm (D&D mini) scale, but also 15mm and some odds and ends. I have buildings for middle easter, western, european and castle settings mostly, but also quite a bit of modern warfare (planes, helicopters, etc) and 20th cent type buildings (construction, markets, etc).

Really.. its a gamer's paradise I've been told by my group~

Ideally I'd like to join in a group that can use the space. But I'd also be willing to rent out the use of it for a nominal fee (and a modest deposit just in case something happens since I won't be playing or overseeing). I can also arrange for the GM to have a seperate key to the back door once they have established a rapport~

This is a house so there is good parking as well and about a 10 min walk from Fairfax hospital bus station if anyone uses the metro.

If interested, especially if you want to START a group so others can track this discussion, you can reply here or if you have a group me privately with your e-mail. I can provide photos and/or give a tour to those interested!

Thanks~
Rick

I'll add on to this that I'm more than willing to run a D&D or Cortex game in that space, or join a game using those or other game systems. (Third or fourth edition D&D. I can do second edition but it gives me a headache.)
A former member
Post #: 6
I haven't tried 4th but would be willing to give it a try. Been told it works well with mini games ~ have a lot of the ol' 3rd edition. But.. as I mentioned I think a lot of it is group dynamics. Just hope to have some motivated and reliable players! biggrin
A former member
Post #: 7
Well, I'm willing to play whatever- I don't have an attachment to any particular edition. Really hoping to find a group that can meet on a midweek-weeknight instead of the weekends.
Matthew B.
Maverick-Knight
Silver Spring, MD
Post #: 43
I've started a new thread for a game at Rick's place and copied it to two other local groups.
A former member
Post #: 5
My roomate and I are looking for a new group to play in. We're both pretty well versed in 3.5, but can also play 4th or pathfinder. We're located in Stafford and can even host games in a couple weeks once we get our stuff fully moved in. Message me if you need a couple of good gamers!
A former member
Post #: 1
Rick, is your offer still open? Im looking for a group to play or maybe dm (though ive only dmed for me and a few buddies)
Danny
user 13660765
Centreville, VA
Post #: 1
Father/Son Dungeons and Dragons team looking to join a group around the Centreville area.

Shoot me an email to discuss this further.
dhhyndman@yahoo.com

-Danny
A former member
Post #: 17
Between Danny (father and son), Lucas, Zach and myself we should be able to get a group together this side (southwest) of DC. Looks like all we need is a DM.

Thoughts??

Ryan
A former member
Post #: 5
That'd work for me. Though we'd need a place to play as well
A former member
Post #: 18
Actually Lucas said he could host. I just realized that he said he has a roommate. Do any of us DM?