addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcredit-cardcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobe--smallglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1launch-new-window--smalllight-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

The Northern Virginia Dungeons & Dragons Meetup Group Message Board The Northern Virginia Dungeons & Dragons/RPG Meetup Group Discussion Forum › Looking for a GM? Looking for players? Post here!

Looking for a GM? Looking for players? Post here!

A former member
Post #: 52
Looking for higher level RPGA 4e sessions... preferably 4-7/7-10
Mike
user 8205513
Reston, VA
Post #: 1
Hello all!
My wife and I are looking to expand our gaming group! There's four of us in our mid 20s and for most of us this was our first D&D campaign (playing 3.5e). We just finished our latest campaign and decided we'd like to find more people to join us.

We keep it laid back, and we're always constructing our sessions so we get lots of hack'n'slash and varied encounters. Right now we're all level 8 and just finished a campaign, so we're at the perfect time to add more folks to our group.

We have the books, a creative GM (with sound effects!) and minis (including our dragon-elephant...it must be seen to be understood).

Let me know if you're interested.

Thanks for looking!
Mark
user 9155296
Alexandria, VA
Hey all, my name is Mark and I'm looking for a great group! =)

I just moved from San Diego last weekend for a job. I found both of my D&D (3.5 and 4) groups through these boards, and they were both excellent!

A little background on me... I'm a systems engineer for a living, I left a wonderful girlfriend back in San Diego who will be visiting semi-frequently every other month or so. I'm 26 in July, I play softball, flag football for sports. I like to go to the movies and dive bars with the right friends, or just hang out at our houses (there was a group of 8 of us all in the same building), we usually had dinner once or twice a week where it was pot-luck style. I'm somewhat shy at first, but I warm up to people quickly.

I was hoping to join a new, or on-going game that runs either monthly or bi-weekly, any day of the week is fine for me. I live in Crystal City, unfortunately I would not be able to host since I don't even have a table yet (unless you want to pull up some nice comfy carpet!).

Sadly I do not have any 3.5 books, but I have the core + player handbook 2 for 4th. They did not make it on the move out here, but I'll be getting them within the next couple weeks.

Shoot me a message and I'll gladly respond as soon as I can.

-Mark

A former member
Post #: 7
Ladies & Gents,
I have been off the grid for awhile, but...I can no longer restrain the urge to DM. So...I want to take another crack at running a D20 Modern game I have planned out. The setting is basically a 1930s X-Files/BPRD. My style tends to be story/character heavy, though there will be no shortage of action, investigation and suspense. The first session as it stands is a decent way to get new/out-of-practice folks into the fold. It's been my experience that I need to run stuff more than once a month, preferably biweekly or weekly, in a location where getting a little loud is ok. I am in Falls Church, pretty close to the EFC metro.

If you're interested/want more details about the game, send me a message. And remember, a ticket buys you the whole seat, but you'll only need the edge tongue

~Jesse
A former member
24 y/o male (me) and 20 y/o female (gf) looking for a 3/3.5/4 game to join near fairfax, va. I used to play alot of 3/3.5 before I moved up here. It would be my girlfriends first time playing DnD so some patients would be required. Would prefer lower level characters as it might be confusing to have her generating mid to high level toons. Ideally group would meet on friday or sunday.
A former member
I live near Winchester but there are very slim pickings as far as games out here. I'm looking for any D&D 4.0 game out there. I'm twenty-five and prefer a more mature game, preferably with an emphasis on role-playing.

I'm open to other D20 style games but I've only played D&D before.
A former member
Hey, what's up?

I live in Alexandria, near Ft Belvoir and Springfield. Used to play Ad&D 2nd Ed. Would like to start up again, new version or old. Willing to travel up to 20 miles, or use webcam or AIM/Yahoo Messenger for a game.

Lemme know if you have a place for me.
youngmand
youngmand
Fairfax, VA
Hello all, I am looking for a steady 3.5 game in Northern Virginia. I am available for play on Saturdays and Sundays”
A former member
Is there anyone playing a 0e D&D (anything from holmes/whitebox to rules cyclopedia) or a 0e clone like Labyrinth Lord out there who is looking for new players?
Jeremy
herrdow
Bethesda, MD
Post #: 83
Is there anyone playing a 0e D&D (anything from holmes/whitebox to rules cyclopedia) or a 0e clone like Labyrinth Lord out there who is looking for new players?

I've just started running a 1st ed. AD&D campaign set in Greyhawk. We've had two sessions so far, and we've been meeting at either Game Parlor store (first in Woodbridge, last night in Chantilly, and tentatively again in Chantilly later in August).

If you're interested, reply here and/or visit our forum at http://oldschooldnd.yuku.com­.

Jeremy