As developers, we are not just looking at the screen the whole day while pumping coffee. We work in teams, we interact with our superiors or communicating with clients, we are having job interviews - as interviewee or interviewers. For all these tasks, we need more than our development knowledge and skills - we need soft skills.
- What are soft skills?
- How important are they for developers?
- What can I do in order to improve them?
- What soft skills do I need to become a lead?
In this Meetup series, we will discuss these (and more) questions.
This is a joint meet-up with Developer Soft Skills meetup (https://www.meetup.com/DevSoftSkills/)
Our agenda for this evening:
1. Presentation of differences between soft and hard skills (18:30 - 19:00)
2. Open discussion (19:00 - 20:10):
- Which skills are essential for developers?
- How can I evaluate my own skills?
- How can I improve my skills?
3. Wrap up and take-away (20:10 - 20:30): top 5 soft skills for a developer and how we will be upgrading them during upcoming meetups
Join us to explore and advance your career.