Fundraising is a crucial step in startups, it is very important what is the optimal point to approach potential investors and to know about optional investment channels.
The Office of the Chief Scientist [OCS] in the Ministry of Economy has been one of the main drives of the development of the hi-tech and life sciences industry in Israel. The OCS, as opposed to investors and VC funds, invests in innovative technologies and focuses less on the business impact. Most Israeli start-ups have received grants from the OCS, especially at the pre-seed stage, which are essentially loans to be paid back only when the company is making sales.
The OCS has a wide range of programs depending on the stage of the company, as well as bi-lateral and multi-national R&D programs.
The challenge is getting the approval for your grant as well as dealing with the government bureaucracy and of course: Maximizing your Chances on getting a Grant from the Chief Scientist's Office.
About the lecturers:
1. “Lior Cohen is the CEO at WWMarket (www.wwmarket.biz) which offers a wide range of services in the global marketing field that can help you to make the transition from early stages to international company without hassles. Our effective solution includes: * global marketing strategy creation (macro and micro level)
* online and offline marketing (including online analytic)
* business consultancy and mentorship
* market penetration (go to market)
* turnkey CMO solutions
* startups mentoring
* startup funding
Lior lectures in TLV university (Entrepreneurship center), Chambers of Commerce, Export Institute, and other places about startups, global strategy, market penetration, go to market, fundraising, SW localization for global sale and other related subjects and also very involved in Accelerators / Incubators programs.
2. Boaz Lipshitz, CPA (Isr.) is the owner of MaximOCS, an accounting office in Ramat HaSharon, providing accounting services for local businesses, outsourced CFO and controlling services. In addition, Boaz accompanies technological and startup ventures applying for government grants from the Israeli Innovation Authority (the former Office of the Chief Scientist - OCS). With over 10 years of experience dealing with the OCS, Boaz is personally responsible for over ILS 65 Million of OCS grants. Boaz, worked as a finance manager for 12 years, including 5 years for a Technological Startup Incubator. Boaz has considerable experience in dealing with all of the OCS programs. Boaz has a BA in accounting and economics and is a Certified public accountant for Israel.