Tom Gerhard will talk about priceline.com’s Real User Measurement (RUM) implementation, and how RUM and synthetic monitoring complement each other.
A long-time user of synthetic monitoring services for tracking availability, priceline began using synthetic tools to provide feedback on site performance to development team a few years ago, and in 2013 added RUM to their performance monitoring. Tom will discuss how the two approaches can work together, and how RUM is driving additional synthetic monitoring.
Tom Gerhard (https://www.google.com/+TomGerhard) (@TomGerhard (https://twitter.com/tomgerhard)) is VP, Applications at priceline.com (http://www.priceline.com/), where he is a key advocate for front-end WPO R&D initiatives, among other duties. His interest in performance optimization was sparked “way back when” by a site that rendered slowly in IE 4, and has continued to grow since then. Outside of work, he enjoys gardening, volunteer construction work, and DIY home automation projects (some of which are actually approved by his wife).
Spotify (https://www.spotify.com/us/) is hosting us again. And they still have food and beer!
As always, we are going to have geekaways, sponsored by Catchpoint (http://www.catchpoint.com/) with great prizes!
6:30 - Arrive to Spotify, meet other members
6:45 - Event starts
7:00 - RUM & Synthetic (Tom Gerhard)
8:00 - Q&A
8:15 - "Books and Stuff" geekaways
8:30 - Open Discussion, Networking
45 West 18th St
New York, NY
Directions on Google Maps: http://bit.ly/1enzQyP
Entrance on StreetView: http://bit.ly/KaXnqZ
• Akamai® (http://www.akamai.com/) is the leading cloud platform for helping enterprises provide secure, high-performing user experiences on any device, anywhere.
• Instart Logic (http://instartlogic.com/) replaces CDNs with intelligent streaming of web content. Users can interact with Web apps 2x faster, even for mobile devices.
• Radware (http://www.radware.com/) provides advanced front-end optimization (FEO) solutions to companies like eBay/PayPal, Visa, and O'Reilly Media.
• SOASTA (http://www.soasta.com/)’s web and mobile app test automation solution enables developers, QA professionals, and IT Operations teams to test with unprecedented speed, scale and precision.
• Catchpoint (http://www.catchpoint.com/) is sponsoring us by providing 10% discount to our members and geeky stuff to raffle off.