Good page load time begins with good design. As web performance grows in importance in the industry, many page speed tutorials focus on the back end. This presentation focuses on performance basics from a design and front end perspective, including tips for optimizing HTML, CSS, and images. We'll also cover some tips for approaching responsive web design performance.
Lara Swanson (@laraswanson) is the Engineering Manager for the Mobile Web team at Etsy. She champions page load time, experiment-driven design, and delivering a consistent experience to screens of all sizes.
Spotify is hosting us again. And they will provide food & drinks!
6:30 - Arrive to Spotify, meet other members
6:45 - Event starts
7:00 - Designing for Performance (Lara Swanson)
8:00 - Q&A
8:15 - "Books and Stuff" geekaways
8:30 - Open Discussion, Networking
45 West 18th St
New York, NY
Directions on Google Maps: http://bit.ly/1f7eXYY
Entrance on StreetView: http://bit.ly/1f7fcTO
• Akamai® is the leading cloud platform for helping enterprises provide secure, high-performing user experiences on any device, anywhere.
• Instart Logic replaces CDNs with intelligent streaming of web content. Users can interact with Web apps 2x faster, even for mobile devices.
• Strangeloop provides advanced front-end optimization (FEO) solutions to companies like eBay/PayPal, Visa, and O'Reilly Media.
• SOASTA’s web and mobile app test automation solution enables developers, QA professionals, and IT Operations teams to test with unprecedented speed, scale and precision.
• Catchpoint is sponsoring us by providing 10% discount to our members and geeky stuff to raffle off.