High Performance SQL and NoSQL
When it comes to web performance we talk about compression, minifying, cache control, CDN, sprites, optimizing images and mobile friendly payloads. Why not apply the same techniques to how your application accesses your data? This presentation we will show you how you can make the same simple optimizations to improve performance accessing your data.
Ronald Bradford (http://ronaldbradford.com/) (@RonaldBradford (http://twitter.com/RonaldBradford)), Founder & CEO at Effective MySQL (http://effectivemysql.com/). Ronald is an experienced technologist with over 20 years of experience in several technology stacks. With a philosophy of continual improvement applied to improving performance and site reliability the results focus on providing the best customer experience. He is a frequent speaker at conferences and is a published author of four books.
We are at Grovo (http://www.grovo.com/) again this month. And they will be sponsoring food and drinks!
As always, we are going to have geekaways with geeky prizes sponsored by Catchpoint (http://www.catchpoint.com/) and books sponsored by O'Reilly (http://oreilly.com/)!
6:30 - Arrive at Grovo, meet other members
6:45 - Event starts
7:00 - High Performance SQL and NoSQL (Ronald Bradford)
8:00 - Q&A
8:15 - "Books and Stuff" geekaways
8:30 - Open Discussion, Networking
3 Park Avenue
New York, NY
Directions on Google Maps: http://bit.ly/1CeiTPe
Entrance on StreetView: http://bit.ly/1GiA0a7
• Akamai® (http://www.akamai.com/) is the leading cloud platform for helping enterprises provide secure, high-performing user experiences on any device, anywhere.
• Instart Logic (http://instartlogic.com/) replaces CDNs with intelligent streaming of web content. Users can interact with Web apps 2x faster, even for mobile devices.
• New Relic (http://newrelic.com/) is a software analytics company that makes sense of billions of metrics about millions of applications in real time.
• Fastly (http://www.fastly.com/) is the next generation in content delivery, designed to seamlessly integrate with your development stack.
• Catchpoint (http://www.catchpoint.com/) is sponsoring us by providing 10% discount to our members and geeky stuff to raffle off.
• SOASTA (http://www.soasta.com/)’s web and mobile app test automation solution enables developers, QA professionals, and IT Operations teams to test with unprecedented speed, scale and precision.