addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Weirdery Message Board › Performers needed for a show at Fair Park this summer

Performers needed for a show at Fair Park this summer

Michele N.
Nordzilla
Group Organizer
Dallas, TX
Fair Park is going to be trying to keep the fairgrounds open and getting used year round. So this May-June-July and part of August, there will be a marionette show. At least 2 or 3 people are still needed to be marionetteers, and there will also be people working the crowd outside. I know at least 7ish people have been hired, and I'm not sure what all positions are filled, but here are what they told me they are looking for:

--marionetteers will be people who have a background in dance, as they've had the best luck training in those folks quickly.

--outside performers should have a background in miming or clowning, and I'm sure improv would also be good.

--there will be one person wearing a costume and making smart (but CLEAN) remarks at the patrons as they walk in, talking to them through a parrot puppet. This needs to be someone who is under 6 feet tall and can be glib.

If anyone is interested, please send me your information and I will forward it to the people in charge. They will be starting rehearsals in the next couple weeks, during which time it will probably be evenings and weekends (though I'm not positive on that). After that, it is a several month run with several shows a day.

For the rest of you, consider this a sneak peek into what is going to be a really awesome show to go see this summer. I'm helping with the set and costumes, so I'll keep y'all posted as I get more information and dates.

Your Weird Organizer,

Michele