It's time to get active, get social, and get dancing.. Salsa Cubana!
IMPORTANT UPDATE 01/02/19: Based on feedback, this year we are moving from a 5-week to a 4-week cycle and adding in extra dates for consolidation and special development workshops at the end of every second or third cycle.
The Beginners' Course syllabus will now be 4 weeks, the Improvers' Course syllabus will now be 8 weeks broken down into two 4-week cycles, the Intermediate Course syllabus will also now be 8 weeks broken down into two 4-week cycles and the Advanced Course will continue to be an ever-evolving series of 4-week cycles without end.
From Cycle 2 (Week commencing 11 March) onwards the class timetable for 2019 will be as follow
x Tues 6pm - Beginners'
x Tue 7pm - Improvers'
x Tue 8pm - Intermediate
x Wed 6pm - Beginners'
x Wed 7pm - Improvers' (NEW LEVEL)
x Wed 8pm - Intermediate (NEW TIME)
x Thu 6pm - Advanced (NEW DAY AND TIME)
We are also moving away from concession cards* to charging for each 4-week cycle up-front and in full.
We have also inflation adjusted the cost of our classes for the first time since we started teaching in New Zealand back in 2005.
Cost per 4-week cycle will now be as follows:
- One Person - $60 ($40 with ID**)
- Two People (or two 4-week cycles) - $100 ($80 with ID**)
- Four People (or more) - $50 each ($40 with ID**)
NB: Casuals are now $20 ($15 with ID**)
*We will honor all existing concession cards. Remember they expire after 3 months. We've added 8 weeks to the expiry of all cards purchased from 12 August 2018 to compensate for our break over the summer.
** Student/Gold/Leisure/Community Services Cards
We also offer corporate rates if you want to get a group from work going. Message us below to find out more.
Payment Options: We don't have EFTPOS in the studio so it's either cash/payment on your phone on the night or via Internet Banking prior (our preferred option). Here are our bank details:
Ac Name: CubanFusion Classes
Reference: YOUR NAME and what day TUE/WED/THU
Here are the 2019 start dates for each cycle. If you want to jump in after a cycle has started or are unsure of your level please include a message in the registration form below.
- Cycle 1 - Tue 12 & Wed 13 Feb (4 weeks)
- Cycle 2 - Tue 12, Wed 13 & Thu 14 Mar (4 weeks)
- Development Workshops - Tue 9 & Wed 10 Apr Only
- Cycle 3 - Tue 16, Wed 17 & Thu 18 Apr (4 weeks)
- Cycle 4 - Tue 14, Wed 15 & Thu 16 May (4 weeks)
- Cycle 5 - Tue 11, Wed 12 & Thu 13 Jun (4 weeks)
- Development Workshops - Tue 9 & Wed 10 Jul Only
- Cycle 6 - Tue 16, Wed 17 & Thu 18 Jul (4 weeks)
- Cycle 7 - Tue 13, Wed 14 & Thu 15 Aug (4 weeks)
- Cycle 8 - Tue 10, Wed 11 & Thu 12 Sep (4 weeks)
- Development Workshops - Tue 8 & Wed 9 Oct Only
- Cycle 9 - Tue 15, Wed 16 & Thu 17 Oct (4 weeks)
- Cycle 10 - Tue 12, Wed 13 & Thu 14 Nov (6 weeks) - price TBC
NB: Pre-registration is required for all levels. This means you will spend less time checking in on your first night, as you won't need to give us all your details, and more time learning/dancing.
Here's the link to the registration form: https://www.cubansalsawellington.com/cuban-salsa-registration-form.html
Private Lessons/Functions & Gift Vouchers
Email [masked] to find out more about private lessons and functions (including 1-on-1 lessons, small groups, hens' parties and work socials/team building exercises) and our gift vouchers, which we offer for both regular group classes and private lessons.