Anything to do with food captures our interest. We love to eat it, grow it, source it, shop for it, travel for it, understand the nutrition it provides, PYO. Raw food, fresh food, all types of cuisines; if it involves food we’re on it!
There might be enough food related activities to keep us going for a lifetime! There are a lot of people who share our passion so join up and enjoy, explore and immerse yourself in the culinary delights of the Wellington region.
Anyone who has a passion for food can join this group. If you have a particular talent with food that you would like to share, fantastic! Our events are posted by the WF Organisers so if you have a great idea for an event drop us a line and we'll make it happen.
Here are some of our ideas – don’t hesitate to tell us yours:
- Pick-your-own in season; cherries, berries, tomatoes, olives, others and then producing delectable delicacies
- Foods Shows and Festivals - there are plenty of those around
- Festive Celebrations - share our favourite festive delights, theme festivals, Harvest Festivals
- Gourmet picnics - always a favourite and kid friendly as well
- Fishing trips - nothing like hunter-gathering
- Sourcing ethnic foods - there are some great hidden outlets in Wellington
- Restaurant dining - anything exotic and new in town
- Cooking classes - anyone with a talent to share?
- Ace of Cakes experimentation - this would be a blast!
- Sourcing Food on a budget; buying groups perhaps
- Raw food diet ideas - sourcing and recipe ideas
- Whole food diet ideas - same
- Vege gardening - creating and caring for an organic backyard garden
- and many more