What we're about
Towards A Culture Of Love & Aroha
Wellington Heart is a gathering of a diverse group of people with a powerful intent to reconnect as ‘community’ to transform our systems with compassion and sustainability.
We are concerned about the future of humanity and the need to be part of the change that is required. Connecting with like-hearted and like-spirited people is seen as the way to build capacity for that to happen.
Wellington Heart will provide a forum for those who believe we need a compassionate, thriving, sustainable and spiritual approach with love-based and value-based politics, inspired by Max Harris, author of 'The New Zealand Project' in the creation of a fair and just society where as a group, we can learn, share, and empower each other.
It is hoped events, both mundane and spiritual, will connect people who feel alienated by “politics” with a lack of trust in our bureaucracies. Looking at new models presented by Max Harris in his book 'The New Zealand Project' and Oliver Hartwich’s passion for introducing 'Localism' into our local government system will give us concrete inspiration as potential application here in Wellington.
We will be open to anything that happens, for the greater good of all people, that supports and encourages love, peace, trust and connectedness to lift the energy of our city, our country and our global world.
Many of our current “care” systems have become complex, focus on power and control, are deficient in values and are affected by hypocrisy. We need to move away from that model so that when our people and our communities need care and compassion, the support networks are there for them at their most vulnerable times.
Wellington Heart is working towards a compassionate, thriving, sustainable and spiritual Wellington.
What About Spiritual Wellington?
Are you also curious about the nature of spirituality, exploring the meaning of Life & Death, meeting other open-hearted people, and serving humanity and our planet? We are all teachers and students in the School of Life. Come and share our collective wisdom and stories so we can support and learn from one another.
We are free creative Spirits and Explorers of Life & Death who come together in the Spirit of Peace, Joy, Empowerment, Freedom, Spiritual Growth and Expansion. Share your natural wisdom and passion with us. Spirit Matters in everything we do because it is innately omnipotent, manifestly everywhere and drives us on towards the Evolution of Consciousness, the meaning and purpose of Life in myriad resonances, with every Soul on Planet Earth.
MeetUps & Courses
* Compassionate Nonviolent Communication (NVC) 2 hr Intros. & 4 - 6 hour Day Courses
* Empathy Cafes (NVC) 2 hour Meetups to practice Empathy & NVC skills
* Bully Busters Busting with Empathy - for Schools & Workplaces (on request)
* Death Cafes 2 hour Meetups to chat about Death, Dying & Living Life more fully
* Death & Dying 2 - 4 hour Meetups to Prepare for a sacred exit and a 'Good Death'
* Death the Great Adventure 4- 6 hour Day Courses on Death, Dying, the Soul & AfterLife
* Grief, Death, Loss (NVC) 4 hour course on mitigating grief with compassion & empathy
* Soul Psychology Intro. 2 hour introduction & overview on the Science of the Soul
* Soul Psychology Course 6 hour Course on Soul Evolution, Rebirth, Karma & Life Purpose
* UFOs & Their Spiritual Mission 2 hour multi-media presentation (includes Crop Circles)
* Ageless Wisdom Education (AWE) 4 hour Course on The Spiritual Heritage of Humanity
* Transmission Meditation - A World Service Weekly on Thursdays & Sundays @ 7pm
* Save Our Planet 2 hour Eco-Spirituality, Divine Principle of Sharing, Global Commons
* Ukuleles For Peace 2 hour Beginners Courses & Weekly MeetUps - Peace through Music
Check Home Page for all regular updates of MeetUps
Curious About Death & Dying?
We ran the 1st ever Death Cafe in Wellington and the 1st ever Public Death Cafe in New Zealand. We gather once a month at Trinity Union Church, 11 Hall Avenue (off Hall Street) in Newtown, Wellington, to bring our community together and exchange conversations about Life & Death, to ponder, wonder and celebrate the Art of Living and Dying in compassionate community. Come on down and share your thoughts, anxieties, fears, stories, and enjoy conversing and mingling with like-spirited warm-hearted people. Let's take death gently out of the closet and make a friend, not a foe, of this inevitable companion to us all!
At Death Cafes, we also celebrate Life & Death with song: Bring your ukuleles, guitars, mandolins, flutes, tambourines, Irish drums etc to play, sing together and create our own community chorus and sing-along Ukulele song charts and chords are provided - the rest easily follow. Check Upcoming Meetups for details.
This is an inclusive space to share and connect with all free spirits, explorers of Life & Death, cultural creatives and members of the general public.
Unity In Diversity we welcome everyone regardless of race, gender, age, ethnicity, creed, sexual orientation, religion or no religion, inter-faith or diverse spirituality, socio-economic class, or any other humanade condition. Together we can create a regular sacred space where people meet and experience their connection to one another in the Spirit of Peace, Unity, Goodwill and Harmony amidst the Great Adventure of Life & Death.
Follow us on: Facebook
Follow us on: Twitter (https://twitter.com/AWE_NZ)
Ka wahaia te kotahitanga o te Wairua!
Continue to pursue the Unity of Spirit!