Finally! The day has arrived!
As you can see, it's going to be 4 hours of StripeGirl-ing to get stuff done! Logo is all set up and pretty (thanks Lena!). And we have great ideas for homepage v2. The idea of a workshop has been floating around for a few months now, so let's see how it goes.
Plans for the day:
- Try to not leave anyone out of the building.
- Checkout concrete ideas for the homepage (please bring your ideas with you! picture of the whiteboard with last meetup are on Slack)
- Decide on an idea and sketch it out.
- Split up into two teams.
• Dev beginners team will code a frontend template, everyone will get their hands on the keyboard.
• Dev savvy will decide on tech to build the site (buildchain, frontend framework, folder structure, etc) and if there are no big arguments, start coding!
**Note that anything on the schedule could change depending on who is attending.
For the coding part, we are going to work on only one computer (the dev beginners team), but it's better if you bring your laptop with you this time, there will be a lot of looking around for examples or websites and it'll be easier for you if you have one. If you don't, send a message and we'll see what we can do.
There will be drinks and maybe food (I need to check that one out, but eat lunch before leaving the house).
Aaand, for new StripeGirls keen to check out the group, this will be a great opportunity, so come join us! The building is closed during the weekend, so we will leave contact info on the door to let you in.