addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

The Wellington Tramping Group Message Board › Tramping meetups

Tramping meetups

A former member
Post #: 3
It's just a thought but I was thinking that the tramping club was supposed to be organising events for further afield than Wellington so that it didn't cross over/step on the toes of the Adventure Wellington Group. Quite a few of the day trip ideas are very much Wellington based. Not sure what other people think about this but I thought I'd put the thought out there.
A former member
Post #: 4
I don't see that as a problem. In fact, I think it might be a good idea as it allows people to get to know each other, and learn about respective strengths and weaknesses, before they potentially head out on 3 or 5 days tramp together. And if some members want to do the shorter walks only or only the longer walks, it should be fine as well. The beauty of meetup is in its flexibility and diversity, of both people and events :)
A former member
Post #: 39
My concern is that, essentially, if AW and Tramping start to have 'cross-over' in their activities, the value of BOTH groups is diminished to our members. Both groups become everything and nothing at the same time. Tramping to me is about really getting away from the city, normally for at least one night and usually more. It's smaller niche than AW for sure and thus will have a smaller following (i could be wrong!) but hey this is NZ and tramping opportunites abound, it will just take motivated people to host them
Andrew K.
user 13014239
Wellington, NZ
Post #: 1
Hi ..so is it ok if I host daytrips into the Tararuas from the Wairarapa and Upper Hutt?

A former member
Post #: 40
Hi Andrew. Yeh, I have no problen with that, Tararuas, Orongorongos, even say Akatarawa way. These sort of things need a certain level of fitness that a number of people in AW do not have, so their won't be confusion over what each groups specialty is. AW has a link to the Tramping Group on it's homepage and visa-versa...you can see them in each groups descriptions.
Mary-Ann M.
user 35287512
Wellington, NZ
Post #: 2
I am very keen to do some tramping that is not too strenuous including overnighters and I am keen to mix with those who tramp often to gauge how my fitness is improving and to learn about the equipment I do and dont really need.
Debbie
user 52131812
Wellington, NZ
Post #: 1
I'm happy to see more events offered by this group! I am an avid hiker and have been looking for some people to hike with. I have done a few walks with Adventure Wellington but I'm happy to see Wellington and non-Wellington hikes on here. I don't know if there's any sort of rule about who is allowed to offer hikes in a certain place, but I am happy to see some activity here and look forward to meeting you all on a hike somewhere! Cheers! =)