West Orange Mommy and Me is a group of amazing moms and kids! Most of our activities/play dates/field trips occur in and around the Southwest Orlando area (Dr. Phillips, Windermere, Winter Garden, and Ocoee). We do venture all over Orlando for lots of fun! Our activities are geared towards children five and younger including lots of meetups for our littlest members! Older and younger siblings are always welcome. We hope you'll join us on our many adventures around town!
We have 3 goals:
1) Moms connecting with each other as we navigate through this crazy and wonderful journey of motherhood!
2) We want our children to develop social skills and form bonds with other children in their age range - we want younger ones to learn from the older ones and the older ones to learn how to be apart of a community and help the little ones!
3) We want our children to LEARN as much as they can from various experiences and to provide them with hands on activities/experiments, field trips, crafts, and opportunities to grow! Through play, children can develop social and cognitive skills, mature emotionally, and gain the self-confidence required to engage in new experiences and environments.
We make fun crafts, meet at the playground, go on field trips (to places like the Fire Station, PetSmart, Epcot, Green Meadows Farm, etc), go on stroller walks/bike rides, have family events, baby mingles, go on hikes and more! There is something for everyone! We are excited to add members to our group!
***Some General Housekeeping***
1) For the safety of all our moms and kids, we require that all new members attend a meetup within the first month (30 days) of joining. Meetup dues are $15 per year per family and are due at your first meetup. All dues are non-refundable.
2) You must attend one meetup every three months to stay an active member of our group.
3) We strive to maintain accurate attendance records and three (3) unexplained no shows may warrent removal from the group.
4) RSVP Etiquette: Please refer to the event description for RSVP instructions for each event you would like to attend. Some events require you to RSVP for just your children and others require an exact headcount. If you have any questions please ask the event host. We're all moms and we know things don't always happen as we plan them! If you need to cancel your RSVP please update your status as soon as possible so we know you are unable to attend and can plan accordingly.
5) Wait lists: Many of our events (especially field trips) will have a wait list. Please join the wait list if you are interested in attending an event. This helps us to gauge interest and plan events for the future.
6) Sick Policy: Please wait 24 hours after your child’s symptoms have gone before coming to play! We want our kiddos to stay as healthy as possible (and us too)!