addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1light-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

West Seattle Board Games Message Board › Holiday/End of the Year Gaming Party

Holiday/End of the Year Gaming Party

Roseanne M
zipster16_on_bgg
Seattle, WA
Post #: 11
Roseanne, that's huge news about Chaco Canyon. The tables in that back room are decent, and there are closing doors so that we could be totally separated from the rest of the customers. I've looked at their rates multiple times - wish they would have said except free for board gamers. smile
My conversation with them was at least 2 months ago, while I was having lunch. The manager-person (male) with whom I was speaking said he also loved playing board games, as did the owner. He wanted the name of the Meetup group, which I provided. Hopefully, he was speaking with some authority. biggrin On Saturday, they close at 9pm. So ... perhaps this location won't work for this particular event.
Shawn
user 80264132
Seattle, WA
Post #: 18
Thanks to Dawn in letting me know there was more to this thread. I'm leaning toward the Uptown Expresso because A) open til 11pm B) We can bring our own food in and won't have to worry about purchasing food at a restaurant (could be expensive) and c) We can check out the space of this Uptown and see how we feel about it.

What did it mean that this Alex guy was going to run the event? Would he be actually running games?

For the White Elephant Gift exchange, I think we were thinking Maximum of $15-$20 with the emphasis on games you might not want anymore. The fun is what games can be dug up either at home or your local thrift shop. If there are at least 4 Scene It games, everyone gets a prize. :). I'm so glad this is happening!
Dawn
user 2687773
Seattle, WA
Post #: 16
"We would love to welcome the group. No charge. However we can only stage this on 12/21.

Alex Barbieri (copied) will lead the event form an Uptown perspective as I will be out of town. He we also be the guy that is in the store day to day teaching games and educating the public about our hobby. We could run this till 11 or 12 PM. We are checking on allowing alcohol. We may NOT be able to do this. You are all welcome to start setting up at 5 PM - and food is welcome."

I think the Uptown Espresso would be a great way to kick off Eric and Alex's project of creating a gaming cafe at that location.

I agree. Can we move ahead with this plan for the 21st? It would be great to start hammering out details. Should Alex have contact info for one of us who will be in attendance, since, Noah, you won't be able to make it crying?

Noah C.
user 13919180
Santa Cruz, CA
Post #: 10
oh sorry, that was an awkward copy/paste. Everything in quotes is what Eric sent to me, so it's Eric that'll be out of town. btw Dawn in case you haven't heard yet, Eric has been looking into the possibility of coinvesting in Uptown Espresso and converting the Delridge establishment to a specialty gaming cafe, ala Cafe Mox. I'll be getting Alex's deets soon.
Gene L
user 19640341
Group Organizer
Seattle, WA
Post #: 629
Just a suggestion... people may be making plans for the holiday weekends. If we want to do this event, we should determine the place and time and schedule it soon, perhaps by Friday I suggest that someone could take the primary organizer role for this event and just go ahead and put it on the schedule.
Nicole M
nkmcalli
Seattle, WA
Post #: 24
Just checked on the bus info in case folks need it. It looks like the #50 runs from Alaska Junction to the Delridge Uptown Espresso in less than 10 minutes. On party Saturday the 50 is running and runs until 11:35 PM.