What we're about
Upcoming events (4+)
*The Intermediate Ride distances will generally be between 25 to 35 miles. The pace will be between 12-15 mph
• You will need to bring a helmet and tube to fit your particular bike..
• Hydration is ALWAYS important, so bring a liquid to hydrate with, 2 bottles is best. Insulated water bottles are recommended to keep water cool. A helpful hint is to freeze the water bottle the evening before, this helps to keep water colder longer.
• All types of bikes are welcome but you are responsible to make sure they are in mechanical shape to complete the ride (proper tire pressures, working brakes and shifters).
• To allow the ride leaders to plan rides, you need to sign up for a particular ride on the WVCC site, and if you need to cancel, please let us know. Just showing up on day of the ride precludes any planning by leaders. Also, we all know life is busy, so if you are running a few minutes behind, let us know and we will wait for you.
• Your safety and enjoyment of our rides are paramount with West Valley Casual.
Depending on the number of participants, the intermediate ride may be combined with the long ride.
Help us get to know you better, please take a few minutes to fill out your profile.
The primary ride will be out to San Juan and back.
At the "Y" there will be an option to return to the parking lot or go up the mountain.
Let's do some hill training. No minimum speed expected, everyone will go at their own pace.
The park is closed to vehicular traffic. This is a no drop ride.
**COVID cases are once again on the rise in Maricopa County and we continue to advise that if you are not feeling well or have recently been exposed to someone with COVID, please stay home!
This ride although not a beginners ride will maintain at least a 12-13 mph pace. We will ride 10 - 20 miles. Please check with this site 1 hour before ride time to note any cancellation due to weather. We will not ride in rain or chance of lightening. Helmets and lights required.